Clearcable is currently seeking a qualified Streaming Specialist to augment the team supporting the Clearcable Content Distribution Network.
Clearcable, named three times as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies by PROFIT Magazine, is a team that prides itself on providing expert help to enable appropriate technology and services for advanced communications by augmenting the existing or building the internal engineering support for its client base.In 2015, Clearcable launched a Canadian Content Distribution Network (CDN) for broadcast TV channels endeavoring to evolve online streaming applications for Canadian service providers. The Clearcable Content Distribution Network is customized for the unique needs of mid-market television providers and Enterprise-specific customer or campus groups (such as a University or College Campus). The innovative and micro-scalable platform provides live TV channels for traditional distribution, transcodes and packages live content (http://clearcabletv.com)for online distribution, and houses on-demand content from local community providers (see http://cable14now.com or http://ccapgo.com).
The Streaming Specialist would support all facets of the Content Distribution Network and more specifically and contribution network, transcoding, and packaging of content. Additional support may be required for the rendering and delivery of content.
- Build and support video network infrastructure including encoders, transcoders, packagers, streaming engines, web servers, routers, and switches.
- Construct sound network designs using common vendor hardware including Cisco, Juniper, Brocade.
- Collaborate with internal and external design teams.
- Design and build HTML5, iOS, and Android applications.
- Test, document, and implement applications.
- Manage bugfix and performance.
- Provide expert technical support.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Detailed understanding of HLS, RTMP, and MPEG Transport Streams.
- Experience developing and supporting APIs via SOAP/XML, REST, and JSON.
- Experience configuring IPv4, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ACL, IDS.
- Troubleshooting with ping, traceroute, dig, whois, looking glasses, etc.
- Valid passport and driver’s license (International OK).
- Up to date police check from a relevant agency.
- Functional knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Experience with Android SDK, Go, or iOS.
- Competent with HTML5 and responsive design.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts.
- Experience with DNS and DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments.
- Technical writing skills.
- Fluency in English, French, or Dutch (or additional languages).
Clearcable is an equal opportunity and living wage employer. We welcome applications from everyone, invest in the development and support of our team, welcome remote working, and offer competitive wages and benefits packages. Please contact email@example.com for more details.