Join our team
TELUS International (TI) focuses on the value of human connection to design, build and deliver high-tech, high-touch customer experiences powered by next-gen digital solutions.
With over 30,000 team members and delivery centers across North and Central America, Europe and Asia, TELUS International empowers customer experience innovation through digital enablement, spirited teamwork, agile thinking, and a caring culture that puts customers first.
The company's solutions cover customer experience, digital transformation, IT lifecycle, advisory and digital consulting, risk, and back-office support. Fueling any stage of company growth, TELUS International partners with some of the world’s most disruptive brands from fast-growing tech, financial services and financial technology, gaming, travel and hospitality, and healthcare industries. The company serves clients in over 35 languages. TELUS holds a 65% interest in TELUS International with Baring Private Equity Asia holding the remaining 35%.
The Business Strategy Development team within TI is a small team with a big scope. We help drive growth, from corporate strategy, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), market strategy, strategic planning, to sales enablement & operations. We are a core component of helping drive growth in one of TELUS' fastest growing business units with an international presence.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
You're a strategic thinker with a knack for capturing business insights and applying them to corporate and market strategy to influence the direction taken by the company. You will partner with various functional areas and play a key role in helping TI set its strategic direction both at a corporate and market level, and at the same time ensure our overall strategy is being executed on as planned by leveraging the objectives, goals, strategies & measures (OGSM) framework.
Looking forward, there are tremendous opportunities for your growth given the continuous growth of TI as well as the continuously evolving role of the team.
- Strategic Projects: Influence corporate strategy by conducting “deep dives” into sector, segments and companies of interest, assessing the impact of next-gen technologies on TI’s business, analysis on potential countries for expansion, and other projects; may act as TI prime on Corporate Development (M&A) items driven by TI strategy
- Strategy & Planning: Prime annual strategic planning process and interface with senior executives to identify their key objectives, goals, strategies & measures (OGSM) for the coming year, and report on the previous year
- Analyst Rankings: Identify key industry rankings, Everest, Gartner, etc., that tie to TI’s strategy, maintain analyst reporting calendar and serve as prime on interfacing with various functional groups internally to obtain data required for analyst reports, and target TI’s reflection in such reports to be aligned with our strategy; work closely with TI primes engaging in Analyst Relations interviews for strategically aligned messaging
- Market Intelligence: Support industry research, market/customer assessments and competitive landscape by analyzing and interpreting multiple primary and secondary sources to draw insightful conclusions that can enable various teams at TI including sales, marketing, product, etc
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Analytical problem solving: Willingness to deep-dive into the details combined with ability to step back and synthesize data to make meaningful recommendations
- Strong verbal & written communication skills: Ability to articulate your ideas in presentations and reports across the TELUS organization, from senior executives to your peers
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Willingness to own the deliverables you manage and evolve them working with our partners; strong initiative & ability to work independently without supervision
- Get-it-done Attitude: Ability to push forward while working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and sometimes unpredictable schedule
- 3-5 years in management consulting, go-to-market strategy, planning or corporate development/strategy
- Undergraduate degree
- Understanding of digital transformation's impact on the customer experience (CX) industry
- Familiarity with the outsourcing industry
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- Certified/Chartered Public Accountant (CPA) designation
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?