Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager, Consumer Products
Are you passionate about technology driven innovation? Do you pride yourself on driving change, creating efficiencies while honing your skills as a negotiator and sourcing expert? Do you have experience facilitating cross-functional collaboration with other teams to solve complex problems and present recommendations to senior management?
At Shaw we have an immediate full time opening for a Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager to work within our Strategic Sourcing Team.
This role will be based in Calgary and will report to the Director, Strategic Sourcing. This role will be responsible for driving the development of Strategic Sourcing & Category Strategies related to our Consumer Products segments.
• Identify and organize cross functional team resources responsible for Sourcing Strategies
• Develop and implement category strategies for network infrastructure, consumer related technologies to meet our current and future business requirements
• Lead the development and execution of complex negotiation strategies to deliver high value agreements with industry leading suppliers that encompass key program specifications as well as functional and commercial objectives
• Gather and conduct market research, investigate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new innovations, technologies and markets as business requirements dictate
• Become a trusted advisor to the business through the analysis of data, sharing of report findings and the delivery of sourcing recommendations
• Manage supplier contracts, governance and control programs to ensure delivery of expectations and compliance with corporate and regulatory policies
• Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations
• Lead strategic sourcing initiatives, including RFx processes
• Develop and track cost savings initiatives
• Support the continuous improvement of Strategic Sourcing process using lean methodologies
• Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation
• Total Cost of Ownership modeling and analysis
• Experience with data center, infrastructure, consumer electronics or network technologies would be considered an asset
• Understanding of licensing, maintenance and service level agreements
• Experience with co-development and introduction of new product(s) with suppliers; Understanding of project management and agile development methods would be an asset
• University or post-secondary degree or equivalent practical experience is required; MBA or post graduate degree in a related field would be an asset
• 7 to 10 plus years of progressive experience in leading large strategic projects, strategic procurement, supply chain management
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
• Strong financial and problem solving ability; proven business acumen
• Proven ability to perform in a team environment as well manage and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management
• Ability to influence change and work with ambiguity
• Proven track record of high performance with an ability to execute
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.