Stornoway Communications (www.stornoway.com) is an award-winning Canadian television broadcasting and production enterprise with a reputation for innovation and excellence. Founded in 2000, Stornoway owns and operates the digital specialty networks ichannel, bpm:tv and The Pet Network, and has produced more than 400 hours of unique, original Canadian programming content.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: MARKETING AND DIGITAL COORDINATOR
- Assisting in the co-ordination and execution of marketing related activities for Stornoway Communications including advertising, on-air promotions, off-air consumer and trade promotions, sponsorships and special events
- Providing strategic direction for scheduling on-air promotional spots for the network – including weekly priorities and on-going management and coordination with creative, production and scheduling team
- Supporting in the on-going development, maintenance and quality control of the corporate websites by updating digital content
- Working closely with marketing lead as the digital and social media champion to plan and execute engaging and spreadable content on our various social and digital platforms
- Coordinating the development of on and off-air materials by managing and updating existing resources
- Manage department marketing budget, invoice tracking and processing
- Responding to viewer email inquiries
- Working with the internal and external creative and media agencies on advertising initiatives as-needed
- Undertaking independent projects to assist other members of the integrated team such as research gathering, viewer tracking and competitive analysis as required
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma specializing in marketing, communication, broadcasting or journalism
- Passionate and highly motivated team player with a positive, energetic and flexible attitude
- A demonstrated background in marketing or communications with at least three years related experience in broadcast or advertising agency environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Able to take direction and work independently within given parameters
- Superior communication (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of social media interest and savvy
- Well-honed computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Share Point
- An incredible passion for television, entertainment and popular culture
Application deadline: March 7, 2014.
Those interested in this opportunity should submit their resume and cover letter to David Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.