Find similar jobs Return to Career Search
A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians – and they’re taking notice. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We are currently looking for a Store Manager to join one of our Retail locations on a full-time basis. Our successful candidate will create and support a positive team environment that builds morale and encourages top performance while maximizing store performance across all metrics through efficient supervision, goal setting and great customer service.
What we offer…
• An Employee Phone Program which gives you access to great deals on phone plans as well as a mobile phone subsidy
• Paid vacation for a healthy work-life balance
• A strong culture of career progression that offers development, growth and internal promotion
• Eligibility to participate in the Store Manager Monthly Bonus Performance Program
A typical day
Your primary daily interactions will be with Freedom Mobile customers and your team. As a Store Manager, you will…
• Be a natural leader and empower others to succeed in their job while fostering a culture conducive to teamwork, continuous learning and growth and development
• Provide frequent coaching and mentoring to ensure the success of each employee and the team
• Motivate your employees to perform to the best of their abilities in creative and engaging ways
• Set clear objectives, give direction and take corrective action as part of effective performance management
• Take responsibility for resolving all customer issues, with the ability to take swift and appropriate action in order to retain customers
• Clearly communicate issues and opportunities to executives and effectively relay company initiatives to staff
• Ensure efficient store operations through effective scheduling and recruitment
• SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
• MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
• DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
• DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person’s career goals; hold development discussions and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
• HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
• Minimum 2-3 years of progressive retail experience in a management role
• Previous experience in the wireless industry is preferred
• Post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
You may be required to work in other Freedom Mobile store locations within a 35km radius of your Home Store.
Posting closing date:August 4, 2020
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.