Date: Oct 20, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, OC COE Governance and Intake, this individual will be responsible for managing the annual planning calendar and project intake process for the OD Centre of Expertise. This includes, collecting, analyzing and reporting on the quarterly training requirements for the organization, and balancing client needs with resource availability to successfully deliver the portfolio. This position pairs strong analytical skills with client partnership, communication and consulting capabilities.
- Leads the portfolio intake process for Rogers-wide training requests, and establishes and executes against the annual and quarterly planning calendars.
- Coaches team members on the use intake and project management tools to enable data accuracy and integrity; acting as a SME and administrator for these tools.
- Drives planning and prioritization discussions to understand learning solutions and work effort requirements to ensure key projects can be delivered successfully.
- Defines metrics and measures to assess the portfolio and develops/maintains analytical and evaluation templates and tools.
- Partners closely with Capacity, Vendor Management, Design and Delivery teams to drive planning through to resourcing to ensure the delivery of all Rogers learning programs within scope, on time and within budget.
- Conducts post-quarter analysis, and publishes regular and ad-hoc reports for various audiences/levels including the Governance Committees.
- Proactively consults with OD COE team members and drives continuous improvement activities to enhance existing intake and planning processes, tools and templates.
- Manages the team’s SharePoint site and associated documentation repositories
Experience & Education
- Minimum 3 years of proven Portfolio Planning and Management experience, preferably in the areas of training and development
- Minimum 5 years of experience within corporate organizational development or a learning industry.
- Post-secondary education in business, statistics or computer science. A focus on business analysis, portfolio management or data visualisation is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and Power Point is required
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Business Process Knowledge
- Business Management
- Communication for Results
- Information Seeking & Problem Solving
- Teamwork & Collaboration
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Training Operations
Requisition ID: 128955
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.