The Senior Manager, Regulatory, Media will report to the Vice-President, Regulatory, Media and support the Media Business Unit.
The incumbent will have exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) and an innate ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, high volume environment. They are a self-starter with an interest in policy and its application to content creation. Most importantly, they are willing to learn to operate as a business partner by providing guidance on compliance issues and strategic advice on regulatory issues to Rogers’ Media Business Unit.
The position will be based out of Toronto or Ottawa.
What you will be doing:
- Draft and oversee preparation and progress of CRTC broadcasting applications/interventions
- Assist and participate in the preparation and conduct of regulatory hearings/appearances related to content creation, aggregation and distribution
- Summarize relevant Government/agency decisions/policies and identify operational ramifications and solutions for senior management, functional contacts and employees, where appropriate.
- Identify and conduct research related to social and cultural policies, program rights issues, copyright tariff proceedings and other issues required by company/industry filings
- Advise specific functional groups about regulatory and copyright obligations & ensure compliance.
- Track all relevant decisions/notices/releases and maintain key dates/process descriptions.
- Manage programming related complaints from CRTC or the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (CBSC) and develop compliance mechanisms when required.
- Liaise with external parties (including other industry members) regarding the preparation of submissions and participate in industry committees as a representative of Rogers.
- Participate on cross-functional work teams as appropriate.
- General activities and related projects, as required.
What you have:
- Law or post-secondary degree combined with 3-5 years work experience and/or educational background in media-related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills; communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and drafting ability, coupled with proven research skills.
- Solid time-management skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and operate independently in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities and detail orientation.
- Computer literacy with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a significant asset
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter using the following link https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=155167&company=RCI&username=
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Regulatory & Regulatory
Requisition ID: 155167
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.