Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager, Customer Segmentation Strategy to be part of the Rogers Sports & Media Data Team, and lead the continuous evolution of our data-driven customer segmentation strategy and implementation to deliver on a highly engaging, personalized customer experience as well as exceptional advertising campaigns business results.
The role will be responsible for leading the customer segmentation strategy by understanding all our data assets, creating a framework for a solid segmentation process, setting up experimentation and using advanced modeling techniques to refine and evolve the results and drive incremental business. This role is primarily focused on our advertising monetization business but will work in close collaboration with our direct-to-consumer subscription business.
The role will have strong background in customer segmentation, modeling and new data science and machine learning approaches combined with exceptional leadership and collaboration skills.
What you will do:
• Responsible for leading the development of our data-driven customer segmentation strategy based on Rogers 1st party data, owned and operated media properties, and 3rd party data signals.
• Use classic analytics as well as new data science and machine learning approaches to weave together disperse customer and audience datasets into a coherent customer segmentation framework and continue to finetune and evolve to fit multiple unique use cases.
• Analyse audience composition and utilize Rogers data assets, media properties, and content to provide insights and actionable intelligence to the business teams.
• Evaluate third party data providers and recommend right data signals that would naturally complement our segmentation strategy.
• Provide ongoing performance reporting covering segment scale, efficiency, insights and attribution measurement.
• Lead the alignment with the GTM/Business teams on segmentation requirements and specific use cases and work to implement a strategy that delivers incremental and measurable value to our business.
• Collaborate with product, data, and customer platforms teams to align the plan and coordinate the work towards our business objectives.
What you will bring:
• Strong experience in data-driven marketing or advertising fields with focus on customer segmentation and measurement within a large-scale business environment.
• Experience with statistical reporting, modeling and quantitative analysis, predictive modeling (using Python, Scala, R), machine learning frameworks, as well as SQL database analytics tools and big data cloud environments.
• Experience in measuring online and offline marketing strategy using various methodologies such as lift, attribution and cross-channel interaction.
• Exposure to marketing tech is strongly preferred; digital analytics platforms; e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc., audience segmentation and Data Management Platform; e.g. Adobe Audience Manager, or Customer Data Platforms.
• Experience with Reporting and Visualization tools is strongly preferred; e.g. Tableau, Power BI, or DOMO.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as flexible to adjust to evolving business needs and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Superior communication skills; ability to understand objectives, lead business and technical discussion and communicate effectively.
• Passionate about new ideas and emerging market trends.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
• Not from the city? No problem! Rogers invites candidates to apply no matter where you are located as you will be working remotely.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Report Development
Requisition ID: 180467