The Senior Manager, Carrier Services provides leadership and strategic direction for the Carrier Services Group (CSG) reporting to the CFO & VP Corporate Services. Accountable for the delivery and execution of revenue and expense budgets and ensuring that staff and on premises 3 parties comply with Northwestel’s Health and Safety program. The position oversees Sales (including technical specifications etc.) to Carrier customers, arranging with Northwestel technical teams to schedule the turn up of new products and services and is responsible for the supply of bandwidth and other 3 party services needed from Carriers to meet the ongoing needs of the network team and specific customers.
This position has the following direct reports: Manager, Carrier Services (2); Manager, Carrier Relations; Manager, Settlements
- Formal leadership responsibilities include the selection, direction, performance management, individual development plans and workload management of direct reports (management) and their reports (union).
- Relationship building, mentoring and team development.
- Aligns with the CFO’s departmental plan, creates and executes the CSG Team business plan, develops budgets, staff levels, targets and metrics. Creates the wholesale revenue and expense budget and YEE’s and manages to achieve or exceed expected results.
- Working with other senior managers within Northwestel, develop and share strategic plans, discuss needs and requirements, and develop implementation plans integrated with all departments involved.
- Execute on time and on budget any deliverables related to the purchase of circuits, Long Distance Termination and other telecom services.
Sales & Competitive Relationships:
- Through leadership and direction, build and maintain favorable relations with customers including understanding their current and future product and service requirements. Work with Marketing and Bell to influence product development opportunities creating a product portfolio suited to wholesale customers in Northwestel’s market that simulates growth and offers high quality solutions for end users.
- Work with the Carrier relations teams at other telecommunications carriers to ensure that those organizations are aware of these products best available to customers to benefit wholesale customers and optimize Northwestel revenues.
- Advocate on the customer’s behalf with the Carrier team as the customer service interface. Initiate, follow and improve internal processes for contracting, ordering, implementing and billing of sold products and services. Serve as escalation point for customer concerns and trouble tickets.
- This position is integral to the development and implementation of transport network solutions that connect customers spanning Canada and parts of the US
- Ensure the integrity of CSG through building of trust with internal and external customers and delicate handling of confidential information.
- Ensures CRTC and telecom act compliance applies to all activities of the CSG. Specifically, ensures that products and services sold to Carrier customers under Tariff or SFT’s are priced & delivered in compliance with the strict terms of the tariff/SFT.
- Serves a key role in the creation of Northwestel’s regulatory policy specific to competition by actively participating in the writing, reviewing and approving of Interrogatory requests, responses and written records for CRTC proceedings.
- An active member and participant in the national CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee - Business Process Working Group and Canadian Local Number Portability Consortium Shareholder’s Board.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Post-secondary education in business, engineering, marketing, and/or communication with additional on-the-job technical knowledge.
- A minimum of five years in the telecommunications industry is essential. Experience in developing or selling telecommunication services for enterprise or wholesale applications would be an asset.
- Ability to think and act independently to design solutions for customer needs.
- Strong sales, interpersonal, analytical, and planning skills.
- Exceptional communications skills in the areas of listening, clarifying, consulting, and verbal and written communication skills are crucial.
- Ability to develop a team by providing strong, effective leadership.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H&S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
- Knowledge of the elements of a health & safety program will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with SAP or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning system would be considered an asset.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Apply here : https://www.nwtel.ca/about-us/work-us