Date: Feb 11, 2019
Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company whose employees are committed to meeting the big challenges and making a real difference. That’s Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
We are currently seeking Full Stack developer for our Digital channels, with a keen interest in software craftsmanship and scalable architecture. We do most of our programming in Angular 5, Java, however we strongly value deep technical skills, diverse programming expertise, willingness to learn, and desire to work in an intensive, highly productive environment.
Develop robust, highly performant SPA Agular 5 application and Microservices (JAVA 8) to support a diverse range of Rogers Digital Channels. This includes user signup and registration services, web site administration, entitlement checking, choosing a service plan or bundle, upgrading to a more appropriate service plan, making payments, allocating data between wireless accounts and many more functions.
Detailed Responsibilities include:
– Developing micro services that respond in low numbers of milliseconds in Play/AKKA framework with JAVA 8
– Developing highly responsive and modularized Agular 5 SPA
– Writing reliable and robust code, with the ability to use TDD being an asset.
– Creating unit and regression tests with sufficient code coverage using Mockito, Jasmine/Selenium.
– Taking an active role in creating architectural principles and standards and promoting their use across the team.
– Making code fault-tolerant and implementing proper logging, monitoring and manageability.
– Working closely with our infrastructure team to solve DevOps problems.
– Building systems that manage our deployment pipeline, using tools such as Bamboo and Ansible.
– Writing code that uses both non-relational and relational databases
– A university degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering or a related discipline.
– 5+ years of development experience with Agile development methodologies
– Experienced with objected oriented principles, design patterns and industry’s best practices.
– Building performance efficient web applications/SPA using Angular 5
- – Strong industry experience in designing and developing scalable production quality REST API’s
- – Prior experience of developing microservices with Play/Akka (Preffered) or Spring Boot is an asset
- – Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Cassandra
– Demonstrated ability to create single page applications, either through prior experience, school projects or special websites you have built to showcase your skills
– Experience with code merging and branching methodologies using Git and Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Bamboo)
– You truly love to code as evidenced by prior projects and experience
– Exceptional communications skills
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 131121
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.