Access Communications Co-operative Limited is seeking focused individuals with a positive attitude who thrive on accuracy, multitasking and meeting deadlines to join our team. Access is a fast paced, dynamic organization, with a positive team oriented work environment. As one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, we offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a Sr. Design Technician, you will be responsible for designing new and existing plant in Saskatchewan.
Main Duties include:
- Designing new and existing plant for residential, commercial and headend projects and drafting construction prints for each. Compiling completed project "as-builts" to AutoCAD, making changes as noted by technicians. You will work on our Class 1 systems, fibre and complex interconnect plans.
- Reviewing designs created by Design Technicians
- Conducting route development surveys for distribution rebuilds and residential projects
- Compiling budget estimates for projects including material lists, estimated labour, truck and utility or contractor costs. Tracking inventory and expenditures to ensure projects stay on budget. Reviewing budget estimates developed by Design Technicians.
- Contacting the utilities and related parties to compile and complete all relevant information for a project. This includes application forms, approval letters, sending drawings and completing purchase orders.
- Maintaining records of all active and passive equipment, cable, easements and support structure
- Representing the Company at construction and utility co-ordination meetings
- Performing special projects as assigned
- Completion of a Diploma in Drafting and a CAD Diploma with specialized courses in electronics, fibre optics, RF and powering are required, with 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD. Must be proficient in manual hybrid fibre/ coax plant design
- Accuracy, strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi task efficiently are required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience working in the Telecommunications Industry would be a huge asset
- Class 5 Drivers License and Clear Criminal Record Check
Deadline for application is Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017. Please apply in the careers section at www.myaccess.ca