A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
• Responsible for UTRAN network related to backhaul, Macro, Small Cell and Indoor Sites / equipment. Support Operation, Corrective & Preventive Maintenance of Private LTE Network.
• Accountable to achieve company SLA and KPI targets.
• In-depth knowledge of wireless cellular fundamentals, standards, protocols, network architectures, including: 4G/LTE, 5G, microwave radio. Experience with Private LTE / LMR network and Nokia Equipment would be considered an asset.
• Work with Wireless Field Ops team and Switch team. Collaboration with other groups like Rollout team, Tier II team, NOC team, ENG team, Contractor and Vendor
• Site acceptance and testing from internal/external (vendor) service provider (new or upgrade/downgrade).
• Transport site acceptance and testing from internal/external service provider (new or upgrade/downgrade) including RFC testing.
• Preventive Maintenance (PM) routine of Access and Transport nodes on the field including battery, call test, Nodes, microwave measurements, safety audit, LOS verification and site housekeeping (grass/snow).
• Responsible for site safety, performing site safety audits and maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and restore field Access and Transport service issues including minor/major/critical/service degradation.
• Replacing field Access and Transport faulty parts and engaging rigging crew when required.
• Execute Transport WO including parameter and configuration changes (preparing transmission for new sites).
• Manage field warehouse and warehousing including RMA on faulty parts.
• Participate in on-call scheduling and emergency staff augmentation and extended hours (overtime).
• Field work includes working in heights such as rooftop, remote areas, and night work.
• Working on ground equipment underneath towers (no climbing required or allowed beyond 10 feet).
•Participate in special projects like MW swap, Access lay-over, SW upgrade, Battery upgrade, and others.
• Attend group meetings and collaboration with other groups.
• Participate in skill and knowledge upgrade (in-house/vendor).
• Ability to work in indoor / outdoor environments that can be physically demanding and withstand varied inclement weather conditions. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear in both indoor and outdoor settings.
• Experience on Wireless Cellular industry, Small Cell and Transport node system, field and remote
• Able to operate RF measurement and microwave / fiber test equipment tools.
• In-depth knowledge and on wireless network architecture, Familiar with Antenna and RF systems. Experienced with Nokia equipment, tools and or platform
• Valid driver’s license.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Cranbrook BC. Will require approximately 60% to 80% travel to site locations
Posting closing date:September 16, 2020
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.