Date: Nov 12, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
The Bell Residential Services team is in the business of enabling customers to connect with people, information and entertainment by delivering integrated products and service experience for consumers while enhancing our competitiveness in the marketplace. The team provides customers with amazing new technologies such as Bell Fibe TV, Bell Internet, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Home phone, local and long distance services.
The BRS Revenue Management team collaborates with partners across the organization to maximize revenue opportunities in the consumer wireline segment. Working with partners in finance, pricing, sales and marketing functions, the revenue management analyst is responsible for evaluating key business performance drivers to identify opportunities and provide discrete recommendations for improvements to leadership team. This position calls for a detail oriented individual with demonstrated strengths in financial analysis, forecasting, and financial performance management. Responsibilities will include evaluating key rate and volume performance drivers on daily/weekly basis to identify opportunities and recommend changes to optimize and improve performance for residential services.
The successful candidate is an energetic and enthusiastic team player with a demonstrated history of collaborating with numerous partners and cross-functional teams to achieve results. They have prior experience in the telecom industry and well developed business intelligence and financial analysis skills.
- Analysis of daily/weekly results across key rate and volume drivers to identify opportunities and generate useful insights to help establish business direction with others and improve the financial performance of the business
- Manage the financial performance of the portfolio with regular weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis and associated variance analysis
- Develop test plans, manage and evaluate tests on residential marketing programs
- Provide input to strategic planning, business planning and budgeting exercises
- Monitor and research consumer market, including competitive and customer base analysis to identify opportunities and support pricing and marketing program decisions
- Develop a strong working relationship with the various channels that sell, retain and support residential products and services
- Coordinate analysis of product/pricing changes across teams
- Participate in ad hoc analysis projects
- University degree in business, finance, economics, computer science, marketing, engineering or a related area; MBA or professional designation (CA, CPA, CFA) preferred
- 5+ years experience in financial analysis or performance management roles, specifically in the telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated strength in financial analysis, business intelligence and analysis
- Solid business analytics, financial acumen and problem solving skills combined with a strong ability to synthesize data to tell a story that enables informed decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Curiosity, rigor, creativity and imagination in seeking answers to complex questions
- Ability to build compelling, executive-level presentations and to deliver recommendations with confidence
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to transform raw data into actionable insights
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and influence decision-making at various levels of the organization
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage and drive projects with limited supervision and to manage multiple projects in an organized manner
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – PowerPoint & Excel specifically
- Fluency in both official languages would be considered an asset
- Advanced BI skillset including knowledge of SAS, Micro strategy, SQL, TERADATA
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 11/26/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.