Consumer Market Sales
Burlington, Ontario | SA3
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the successful candidate’s primary focus is to retain Cogeco’s customers while handling inquiries from customers wishing to downgrade or disconnect Cogeco services for competitive reasons, perceived value or price, technical or customer service related issues. They are responsible for communicating the advantages and benefits of Cogeco’s products and services versus the competition, resolving of customer issues while maximizing sales opportunities in a timely and professional manner. The agent will also have the skill set to take 30 day calls, multi calls and welcome calls.
- Primarily deals with customers calling to downgrade or disconnect Cogeco services for competitive reasons, perceived value or price, technical or customer service related issues. Works to effectively resolve customer issues, builds value in Cogeco’s products and services by communicating the advantages and benefits over the competition. In addition, the incumbent will handle all types of Customer calls as required.
- Offers an outstanding service and customer focus that will incite customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive Cable TV and Internet services provider. Highlights the undeniable benefits and features of cable television and internet services. Make all required efforts to retain customers.
- Is attentive to existing and potential customer needs and offers customized solutions and options to retain every possible customer. Demonstrates integrity with all aspects of their dealings with customers and is proactive, sincere, and empathetic when responding to any questions or issues that are raised by the customer. Promotes or sells products and services with each customer contact, and schedules all order requests. Strives to balance the customers’ needs and Cogeco’s objectives.
- Frequently reviews and investigates Cogeco’s prime competitor’s information and offers (via internet, telephone calls or retail visits) for both television and internet services in order to provide accurate information while communicating the advantages of Cogeco over the competition. Also escalates major market changes or offers to the Supervisor for evaluation.
- Credits and debits customer accounts only as necessary. Initiates customer refunds for all systems and submits to supervisor for approval.
- Maximizing all applications and tools in order to increase workflow efficiencies. Accurately categorizes customer calls for data gathering purposes and identifying market trends. Follows correct procedures and policies. Provides coach back of errors to agents in a constructive manner.
- Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects as assigned.
- As part of their work, employee must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- High School Diploma required.
- Post secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience preferred.
- 3+ years previous experience in a call center environment.
- Proven customer service skills, superior first call resolution skills.
- Performance at a high standard and consistently meets all KPI expectations.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and professional phone etiquette.
- Prior sales, telemarketing, and/or telephone sales experience coupled with strong negotiation skills/experience is preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues. Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- Must have previous experience working PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment. Data entry experience an asset.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.
NOC CODE : 1453
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.