Category:Accounting & Finance
Work Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile, a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc., is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Specialist, Accounts Payable
The Finance team located in Toronto is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team.
• Process PO and non-PO invoices, credit notes, payment requests.
• Ensure Non-PO matched invoices have been appropriately approved prior to entry into the A/P system
• Work closely with the Procurement team and business departments to resolve PO and receiving issues, and any discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
• Perform audit of expense reports ensuring expenses are properly supported with appropriate receipts/backups. Ensure compliance with the company travel and expense policy.
• Manage the AP inbox and distribute emails to AP team members.
• Process customer refund cheques.
• Manage the customer refund tracker. Support the customer care team to investigate into the status of the refund cheque issued, if required, request for stop payment on the cheques, and reissue.
• Reconcile monthly Business Travel Credit Card statement.
• Process payments (Cheques, EFT & wires) according to vendor payment terms and company policies. Review payments, match them with backup for signature.
• Respond and resolve vendor inquires in a timely and professional manner.
• Reconcile supplier statements and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis.
• Scan and attach all backup documents in Oracle.
• Assist with month end accruals
• Other assignments as required.
• 3+ years of working experience in accounts payable
• Accounting diploma and enrolled in an accounting designation is preferred.
• Good working knowledge in Oracle A/P module is an asset.
• Strong Microsoft skills in Excel (lookups, pivot tables, filter, sort, sum), Word, Outlook
• Able to manage and prioritize work and handle urgent requests.
• Able to work in a fast pace and high volume environment.
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to process transactions accurately with attention to details.
• Eager to work and learn, good team player, responsible, flexible with a positive attitude.
• Excellent in English (verbal and written).
We are building a team of talented people who want to connect to a career without limits and help change Canadian wireless. Join us! For more information on Freedom Mobile and to view our other opportunities, please visit www.freedommobile.ca/careers.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
BUSINESS UNIT: Wireless
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.