What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Solutions Architect, you will :
Provide Pre-Sales Technical Support for Business Sales
• Own pre-sales technical support of assigned accounts
• Drive revenue and maximize profitability
Drive technical solution pre-sales standards in the delivery of Shaw Business services
• Collaborate with assigned AE on the Discovery / Qualification / Presentation
• Own design and solution proposal, Conceptual Diagrams, CAPEX Spreadsheet submission, offnet lease approvals, onnet build submissions
• Contribute to understanding a customers business requirements
• Own the capturing of a customer’s technical requirements
• Adhere to process and technical solution standards
Own your Professional Development Plan
• Develop the necessary Sales, Technology, Vertical and Products knowledge and skills
• Be a contributor to a culture of continual learning and development
Drive continuous improvement
• Work closely with related teams in the adherence and adoption of business process, standards and systems
• Be a contributor to our culture of continuous improvements
A typical day
• Support with client meetings and engagements, offering technical expertise and communicating the features, benefits and values of Shaw Business Solution both in-person and remotely Managed service demonstrations, both in-person and remotely
• Prepare order package documentation for closed deals, business voice documentation, SIPs, facilities requests, etc
• Prepare technical design diagrams, capital expenditure spreadsheet submissions, LFR (leased facilities request) & SRQ (service request quote) approvals, and DDR (detailed design request) submissions
• provide support for non standard technical designs for launched products, SOW contributions, and client presentations
• Contribute to RFI, RFQ, RFP, and tender requests with engineering/design specifications, product and service descriptions
• Regular touch base sessions with internal stakeholders to remain current on business opportunities in the sales pipeline
• Continuous learning and personal development
• Contribute to driving continuous process and system improvement
• Diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Engineering Technology or a minimum of 3 years of related work experience with MPLS, Data Networks, Data Center, Cloud Applications, and Managed Services
• Comprehensive technical knowledge of access, transport, voice, and data network architectures and technologies in the communications industry is required
• Well versed in communication technologies that are utilized to support data, voice, video, colocation, and cloud services
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure all deliverables are met
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills to become a trusted advisor to various segments of an organization, internally and externally
• The ideal candidate will be an engaging presenter, comfortable speaking to C-Suite executives
• Valid Drivers License and access to a vehicle
• Strong general business and sales acumen
• B2B sales experience is an asset
• The following certifications are an asset: Cisco and Meraki, MEF-CECP
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio are assets
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is based Saskatoon or Winnipeg.
• Some travel may be required.
Posting closing date:July 31, 2021
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.