The Solutions Architect is responsible for supporting and providing advisory services to multi-discipline teams of subject matter experts, align customer requirements to offnet products and ensure solutions are supportable on the Rogers network. In addition, the Solutions Architect is required to understand and effectively articulate all offnet standard products as well as have an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of the offnet partner network. The Solutions Architect will work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team consisting of Sales, Product Managers, Operations teams and vendor partners to deliver winning strategies and solutions.
- In collaboration with the Offnet Solutions team – drive, develop and lead the discussions for technically correct and supportable solutions for large complex bids, non-standard requests, RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Technical Lead on initiatives such as understanding, documenting, aligning and communicating offnet partner product and technology road maps to technical and non-technical groups within Rogers.
- Execute the planned network interfaces with vendor partners based on customer demand, value proposition and utilization
- Position alternate, innovative and supportable offnet solutions in competitive scenarios
- Interface with Network Planning, Transport and IP Engineering, Service Delivery and Service Assurance teams as required
- Support the mapping of the existing leased access inventory into Mapnet and provide inputs to the Carrier Optimization Programs team by identifying potential migrations to on net facilities. Create an evolution plan and strategy to set key parameters for such potential migrations.
- University degree, preferably in engineering or telecommunications;
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in a telecommunication or cable service provider, both business and technical working backgrounds would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of the design of telecom carrier network services, primarily Ethernet, DWDM, DOCSIS, IP, SIP, Data Centre colocation and next generation data networks; secondary solutions such as Local/LD Voice, MPLS, Wireless networking and Media Services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Visio)
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong combination of business acumen, relationship management and solution designing;
- Must be able to work well cross-functionally and create consensus and negotiate deliverables;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 132364
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.