Network, Operations & Technology Delivery
Montréal, QC | PR7
At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
The solution architect focuses on converting requirements in an actionable solution (people, process, technology). In that process, the solution architect usually relies on design patterns from published reference architectures, and on guidance from enterprise architecture.
Solution architects balance project architectural concerns with the concerns of the enterprise. The solution architect is often the development team leader. As such, they are often expected to provide guidance to the entire development team during the systems development life cycle.
Solution architect plays an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Solution architects are both a consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture. Often, the patterns and guidance solution architects develop becomes reusable in a broader context.
- Work directly with stakeholders and users to analyze, specify and design business applications (processes, integration points)
- Complete initial analysis for various customer requests, document and/or analyse business requirements, participate in preparing cost estimates and proposals, design solutions, and review quality assurance of the development process
- Develop detailed functional, system and program specifications required for the implementation of business process changes or improvements, data analysis and reports requirements
- Produce process models and workflows and architectural diagrams
- Produce analysis and design documents
- Build a full understanding of business practices and concepts of the relevant business area being supported
- Act independently as the IT SME for business projects and/or new product initiatives assessing impacts on IT systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education and experience. (Study in Information Technology or Computer Science is preferred).
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Minimum 7 years experience in enterprise application integration senior level knowledge of integrations platforms (ESB, ETL, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business processes automation projects.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in systems analysis including requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation.
- Proven track record as solution architect in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), BI, B2B
- Senior level knowledge of development with a DBMS (Oracle or MS-SQL)
Talent & Technology Together. Join us.
Diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.