Find similar jobs Return to Career Search
Department name:Information Technology
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
OSS Software Tester III is responsible for building our test automation suite and mentoring our team on test automation.
Test automation gives us the ability to regression test the OSS platforms like Netcracker, Service Director, nimbleThis, Nlyte vSure and more.
The automation gives us the ability to deploy faster with a higher degree of quality for our customers.
We are constantly adding more platforms upgrades features and functionality that enable us to serve our customers more efficiently.
In the upcoming year we need to service Freedom and Shaw Business with new tools where test automation will become even more critical.
This role will interact with many of Shaw’s cross functional teams on a regular basis.
This is a 12 month temporary position.
A typical day
• Develops the overall test strategy and plan for the software development lifecycle of a complex software product.
• Responsible to identify and building test automation suites from manual test cases.
• Drive testing activities based on solid understanding of the business drivers, business needs, business risks, technical solution and technical risk with an awareness of the expectation of the quality characteristics for the software/application.
• Accountable for testing plans, test coverage development, test execution, defect management and status reporting.
• Accountable for coordinating all the system testing with the development team, cross-functional testing teams and User Acceptance Testing with the Stakeholders.
• Design and maintain automation framework, code review and approve automation work.
• Provide regular reporting to the Scrum Master and Scrum teams on testing progress and prioritization.
• As part of the Scrum team, actively involved in daily scrums, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
• Evaluate impact and scope of failures encountered during testing and provide recommendations.
• Make contributions to improve product and/or processes.
• Minimum 6 years of test automation experience and minimum 2 years of lead experience in progressively challenging roles.
• ISTQB Certification.
• Well versed with Agile methodology and the processes.
• Must be expert in testing Desktop, Web and mobile solutions (including iOS and android) across multiple browsers, devices and versions, non-functional testing like load, performance testing.
• Understand test driven methodologies.
• Extremely strong test automation experience using tools like Smartbear TestComplete, Selenium and ReadyAPI and defect management tracking with tools like Jira.
• Good understanding of the CI/CD tools.
• Have practical experience with SQL and databases.
• Nice to have knowledge of versioning tools like Git etc.
• Nice to have knowledge of the Telecommunications domain.
• Good understanding of network technologies, topologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP etc.).
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving abilities, mentorship and coaching skills.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:May 22, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.