Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Software Developer III
The Broadband Services team located in Calgary, Alberta is currently seeking a Software Developer III to join their team. The successful candidate will be accountable for helping develop solutions that ensure we continue to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Also key to this position is the ability to mentor and provide technical leadership to development and implementation teams.
• Develop software in the context of focused projects while ensuring alignment to current and developing architecture using Agile methodologies.
• Recognize and help refine unspecified requirements.
• Automate existing manual workflows.
• Documentation and maintain software functionality.
• Mentor other developers on coding, design, testing and debugging practices.
• Participation in code reviews.
• Deal with and resolve difficult technical issues.
• Aid in the development of architectural framework and design.
• Take responsibility for the quality of deliverables.
• Coordinate with internal teams to satisfy project requirements.
• Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues, leadership, product stakeholders and vendors.
• Promote and represent Shaw in a positive and professional manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Experienced with container runtimes such as Docker or rkt.
• Experience using container orchestration platforms.
• Familiar with HTML/CSS.
• Experience with a defect tracking system such as JIRA.
• Strong design methodologies and data analysis skills.
• Experience with CI/CD tooling.
• Strong understanding of unit testing.
• Strong understanding of continuous integration and automated builds.
• Familiar with automated testing frameworks.
• Familiar with distributed source control systems such as Git.
• Comfortable working in both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
• Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field.
• Familiar with DNS or DHCP considered a plus.
• iOS/Android development experience considered a plus.
• Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.