Versant Solutions Group – a developer and vendor of software solutions for the Broadcast/Cable industry – is searching for a Software Architect/Developer to lead development/architecture of an industry leading software platform. This is an opportunity to join a team of industry veterans creating leading edge solutions and technology for a very large industry across North America.
This is a start-up environment so, while the role will be responsible primarily for overall architecture, early on there will be significant coding/development required. This role will be responsible for end-to-end software design integrity to meet customers’ requirements and following engineering best practices. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow rapidly into a leadership position so must be able to demonstrate both strong technical and team building/management skills.
The home office is in London, ON, however candidates can be located outside of London provided they have the ability to travel to the office periodically when health restrictions permit.
Technical skills and knowledge
• Strong experience in development, design and ops.
• Must have strong analytical skills and ability to distill complex requirements into working software.
• Capable of taking technical leadership role.
• Experience with Geospatial/GIS data and applications is required – Oracle Spatial experience highly desirable.
o Other tools could include: spatialNET, ESR/ArcGIS, Bentley, QGIS
• Must have experience creating and consuming SOAP and REST web services.
• Development and operation in Windows environment is essential.
• Capable of setting up and managing Source Code Control and Versioning, e.g.
Subversion or GIT.
• Knowledge and experience with Dev Ops tools and techniques required.
• Knowledge of Python, PHP desirable.
• Development and operation in Linux environment beneficial.
• Cloud services – Azure preferred.
• Machine Learning – Tensor Flow would be an asset.
• Automated documentation tools e.g. docFX
• Working knowledge of telecom companies would be beneficial.
• B.Sc. computer science or software engineering.
• 10-15 years experience in a software development environment.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and brief cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly here and we will contact all qualified
applicants. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.