Work Location:Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Service Specialist (6 Months - Temporary / Part Time)
We’re looking for a service specialist to join the team at the Shaw Retail Store location in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Creating a personable social experience you are the expert to assist customers and understand their needs. As an essential part of the team you will be the go-to person who solves problems and provide simple solutions for complex issues. Leveraging your expert knowledge of our products and services you demonstrate to customers the full value of their entertainment and communication solutions. You’ll be empowered to make decisions, motivated and driven to make a difference. Juggling multiple priorities while keeping your cool, and focusing on the best outcome for your customers you will excel in a busy and energized atmosphere.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Provide pleasant, professional and knowledgeable service to facilitate a “WOW” customer experience
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical and order entry issues
• Promote the features, advantages and benefits of Shaw products and services to our customers while delivering an exceptional customer experience
• Various other duties as needed
The Ultimate Candidate:
You are passionate about making a difference for your customers and driven to deliver exceptional results. You have achieved success through a strong desire to serve, learn, and solve problems and you thrive on making customer experiences exceptional. You love variety and challenge. As an individual passionate about technology you are the expert on Shaw’s latest innovations. It’s essential to you customers receive the full enjoyment from their TV, phone and broadband solutions. You are flexible and adaptable and always ready to lend a hand. Passionate, persistent and accountable you will actively embrace the Shaw values not only daily but throughout every interaction.
You thrive in an environment that changes daily and constantly provides a new challenge. Your positive “can-do” attitude and desire to be at the leading edge of change makes you the ideal individual. Your career has taken you this far, let Shaw help you take it to the next level.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of SDP, CBS, COMX, Oasis and Internal Processes
• Team player with excellent negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills
• Technical Service and troubleshooting knowledge or experience would be an asset
• Able to work with others in team environment as well as deal with the public
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
• Meeting and/or exceeding expectations in current role
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.