Date: Apr 22, 2019
Location: Beresford, NB, CA, E8K 1A1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Cable has immediate opening for one install/service technicians in Caraquet, in the province of New Brunswick. The position is responsible for the installation and service of Cable television services and products including Rogers home phone and High Speed Internet, in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings. Rogers Cable Technicians must maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
– Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic, Hi-Speed Internet, DTV and Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
– Install Cable Television services and products in accordance with established Installation Standards.
– Inform customers of enhanced company products in an effort to secure increased sales.
– Complete Company documentation pertaining to calls in accordance with the department processes and standards.
– Complete all service change requests in a timely professional manner.
– Complete all assigned projects within established time parameters and standards.
– You are require to be knowledgeable of and adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
– Excellence in Execution – Strive for flawless execution in everything that we do, resulting in consistently evolving standards of higher overall performance, optimized effectiveness and value to our shareholders, customers and employees by focusing on our three
– KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: Accountability, Adaptability, Customer 1st.
– This position is covered under the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
– Demonstrates behaviors, which support the Key Success Factors: Accountability, Adaptability & Customer 1st.
– Role Competencies: Innovation/Creative Thinking; Problem-Solving/Judgment; Achievement Orientation; Listening/Understanding/Responding.
– Two year Electronic Technologist diploma is desired.
– Previous technical CATV and/or Telco experience would be an asset.
– Must be able to communicate fluently in French and English
– Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
– Must be able to lift and move equipment (approx. 80lbs) and work on ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
– Willing to work flexible shifts and schedules; days, nights and weekends.
– Willing and able to work in adverse weather conditions.
– Must have good to exceptional P.C. troubleshooting skills.
– Circuit switch and twisted pair cable knowledge would be an asset
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1247 Rue Principale (165), Beresford, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Field Operations & Installation
Requisition ID: 130733
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.