Northwestel is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Service Desk Technician located in Yellowknife, NT.
- Receive, log, and answer customer requests and issues via phone and email.
- Trouble-shoot the required resolution including: device functionality, device configuration and internet & telephone connectivity.
- Troubleshoot customer reported incident and initiate corrective action by walking user through solution or remote control of user’s desktop computer.
- Handle inbound and outbound inquiries about repair, replacement, technical problem resolution.
- Analyze requirements and devise test scenarios to validate internet & telephone connectivity against expected behavior and quality standards.
- Passionately provide technical support and build rapport with a variety of customers and their changing technical requirements.
- Use appropriate communication skills and questioning techniques to assess customer needs in a timely manner.
- Provide follow-up customer contact to ensure satisfactory resolution of incidents.
- Monitor incidents for escalation, ability to escalate to management of incidents not being action in a timely way.
- Drive sales of core products and services to existing and new customers.
- Be committed to "being there" for our customers and share our dedication in striving to deliver world class Technical & customer support and first call resolution!
- Be available to work a flexible shift rotation (including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays) in an environment operating 7 days a week; Overtime as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 year technical diploma in telecommunications or computers at a recognized technical institute.
- Cisco CCNA and/or CCNP certification or Comptia Network+ certification is a strong asset.
- Must be able to demonstrate qualifications by passing an exam with a grade of 70% or better.
- Minimum of 12-18 months of experience in a Service Desk, Technical Support or similar role.
- Must have excellent English oral, comprehension, and written communication skills and ability to convert technical terms into everyday language to ensure understanding.
- Understanding of the fundamental technologies and protocols on internet/data communications.
- Experience with wireless (or wired) modems & routers in troubleshooting/configuration an asset.
- Good understanding of network technologies, topologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, DSLAM/CMTS, SMTP, SNMP, IP Multicast, IP allocation & IP black listing, DNS) including common IP-based tools (FTP, telnet, ssh, voice and data terminal emulator).
- Experience in diagnosing, documenting & troubleshooting issues spanning multiple technologies.
- Knowledge of telecom carrier services and technologies including LNP, DMS-100, CS-1500, CS2K, SS7, PRI, and ISDN an asset.
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable them to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, automated environment, and adapt to an evolving environment and the ability to multi-task (type and talk, type and listen).
- Having Telecommunication industry experience is an asset.
- Customer service or helpdesk certification training an asset.
- Experience using an incident tracking system is an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations an asset.
The starting wage for this position will be within the range of $24.6406 - $35.1263, and is subject to the candidate's relevant years of experience.
Friday, August 14, 2015 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.