Halifax, NS, Canada Req #614
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
We are looking for an experienced, excited and ambitious senior full stack developer who continuously stays on top of the latest technologies and trends, and who has a passion for creating innovative web applications.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing new features for our public website and internal business tools, including back-end administration features
• Working with clients to solve complex problems, providing options while ensuring they have the tailored solutions required to meet their objectives
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability
What’s in it for you?
• The opportunity to work with a company that is constantly evolving and will provide challenges and inspiration for someone who is truly passionate about web development
• A chance to work on a web application used by well over 1 million users per month
• Develop and influence solutions from conception to implementation
• Work on the big picture and not just the individual pieces of the puzzle
• Your solutions will be influencing positive change across a 1500+ employee organization across Canada
• Competitive compensation package
• Continued training and support for professional development
• Comprehensive benefits package and defined contribution pension plan
• Service discounts on Eastlink’s stellar products and services
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ Years of development experience with a focus on web technologies, including HTML and CSS
• Prior experience developing web applications using C# / .NET and MS SQL
• Familiarity with CMS concepts such as structured content and skins/themes
• Experience with version control systems (preferably, Git)
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring adherence to them
• Experience working as a member of a Scrum development team
The ideal candidate:
• Embraces the importance of a good user experience
• Excels at collaborating with teammates and clients of varying technical backgrounds and is able to adapt their communication style to best match their needs
• Understands the benefits of developing within a framework of established standard, best practices and processes, and exercises the required discipline to adhere to them
• Continues to develop their expertise and takes a proactive approach to staying current with new technologies and trends in their field
• Always thinks about how we can do things better, contributing to workflow improvements and team discussions
Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
• Techniques and best-practices for designing responsive web pages
• Delivering WCAG 2.0 AA compliant accessible web sites
• Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Continuous integration and release management tools
• Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as Sass
• DNN (CMS) and OpenContent
• Automated web testing tools and techniques
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.