Date: Mar 21, 2019
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 232127
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Bell Retail IT team is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Technical Project Manager, Retail to join our team. The candidate will become a key member of our Retail IT Team, accountable for leading the delivery of our retail applications, systems and solutions.
The Senior Technical Project Manager within the Retail IT Team is accountability for IT solutions, delivery and modernization primarily related to Retail Store Applications and Systems including but not limited to POS, Media, Sales, Marketing, and Ordering applications in retail channels.
The prime responsibility of this position will be to manage all aspects of solutions delivery which align with the target architecture and business objectives. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, vendor management skills as well as an ability to understand complex technology concepts.
- Delivery of multiple retail IT projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Providing senior technical leadership, and reviewing IT solution alternatives with vendors and internal parties to meet business needs at a viable cost and ensuring IT implementation feasibility.
- Reviewing the end-to-end conceptual solution and ensuring completion of assessments based on a BRD, CR, or work request containing business requirements
- Ensure design and delivery to comply with operations requirements of domain applications/modules according to critical business SLA
- Provide subject matter expert domain consultation to business primes and internal IT teams
- Provide technology leadership, direction and guidance to the business and IT Delivery teams.
- Ensure alignment with relevant strategic and tactical architectures.
- For domain assets, proactively evaluate sustainability, stability and currency of applications and their supporting infrastructure
- Support the development of the capital and expense outlooks during the annual capital planning cycle
- Lead Executive presentations on solution reviews across the Business and IT units
- Lead a team of PM and BA full time, contract and vendor resources with extensive vendor management for operations and project delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, engineering, computer or software engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in IT Delivery environment mostly in a role of technical project manager, program/project manager or technical delivery prime
- Excellent understanding of the computer and network security, tablet/desktop imaging and deployment processes and management tools (MDM, SCCM, etc.) and media / peripheral POS retail.
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues on a timely basis
- Extensive experience in the full solutions development cycle
- Ability to communicate highly complex matters and adapt to the target audience and forum.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on collaborative problem solving and solutions delivery.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, peers and junior staff, both internally and externally, with business and professional skills in Information Technology.
- Ability to use a diplomatic approach to work with high level stakeholders and introduction of changes in the business
- Ability to deal with a broad range of legacy and newer technologies
- Ability to conceptualize and think abstractly, and work and manage in a technically complex environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and manage sponsor expectations
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid business acumen, Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and end to end business processes
- Experience and Knowledge of Retail Systems and environments including store builds, designs to accommodate IT systems and infrastructure
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and certification processes
- Experience in IT best practices specifically ITIL and CMM
- Experience of Bell’s systems and processes
Knowledge of any of the following Systems and Technologies would be an asset:
- POS systems, PINPAD and PCI compliance
- PC imaging, security and deployment processes
- Retail Media systems
- Web applications
- Network technologies both LAN and WAN connectivity and equipment including wifi setup
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet operational SLAsBilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 04/05/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.