Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – B
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We’re looking for Bilingual Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our National Talent Acquisition team.
You will be responsible for full cycle recruitment across Canada, engaging, attracting and hiring exceptional talent.
As a specialist, you are passionate about all-things talent related and are eager to explore creative approaches to promote, attract, engage, recruit and hire exceptional talent for CBC/Radio-Canada.
You know what works and what doesn’t, are naturally curious and are always willing to try new ideas. As such you are able to effectively lead full cycle recruitment processes across Canada while keeping top of mind the cultural diversity in every location.
This position includes several concepts and challenges that will exceed your expectations to evolve in fast changing environment faced by an organization in transformation, democratization of work tools, technological advancement, reorganization of production methods, organizational redesign and new union.
Please note this is a temporary position for a period of 15 months.
Up for the challenge? If so, you’ll need:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate recruitment including 2 years working in a unionized environment.
- Experience interpreting collective agreements.
- Experience managing a high volume of diversified and niche positions.
- Facility to build and maintain relationships with various subcultures across organisation.
- Strong communication skills in both English and French.
- Independent, agile, self-starter with excellent judgment.
- Strategic thinker able to apply creative solutions, highly skilled negotiator, persuasive and able to influence others.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Human Resources’ concepts and functional areas (asset).
- An excellent, reliable team player.
- Sensitivity to the importance of maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to navigate delicate issues and advise accordingly.
- Strong accountability and work ethic.
- Experience with the Google suite (asset) and an applicant tracking system.
We would like to give you the opportunity to submit a video presentation telling us why you would make an excellent candidate for this role. https://cbc.hiringplatform.ca/6275-bilingual-senior-talent-acquisition-specialist/20415-video-interview/en
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.