At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Architect to join our Consumer Voice Technology and Infrastructure team. As a Senior Systems Architect, you will be responsible for design, build, and ongoing sustainment of the wireline voice core network. This includes partnering closely with business stakeholders, internal team members, wireless design teams, operations team, vendors, and peers in other service provider companies. Aside from the day to day, you will develop a multi-year view of the network technology and propose solutions to evolve our network to keep pace in an ever changing telecommunications landscape.
A typical day
• Development, Design, and Sustainment of Shaw Consumer Voice Technology and Infrastructure.
• Produce and deliver technical solution documents, diagrams and presentations.
• Problem analysis/decomposition and triaging, troubleshooting and resolution of escalations from Operations.
• Develop automation scripts, tools and testing capabilities
• Support sustainment and maintenance activities for Consumer Voice services and technologies; including patching, upgrades etc.
• Provide guidance and direction to vendors to resolve issues and to influence technology roadmaps.
• Provide training materials and training in support of operational handoff.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
7-10 years of related experience in designing, implementing and supporting voice networks
• Strong knowledge of IP Telephony and IP networks
• Experience with routing translations, tariff standards, capacity management
• In-depth knowledge of protocols such as SIP, XMPP, LDAP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP
• Experience with Networking standards such as Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, QoS as well as encryption
• Experience with SBCs, soft switch technology, signaling networks, and network monitoring platforms, including the configuration and troubleshooting of these platforms.
o Ribbon C20/G9, Metaswitch, Tekelec STP, StreamWIDE, Telcobridges, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience with packet capture tools and their use in troubleshooting would be an asset, ie Empirix, Gigamon, Splunk, Wireshark
• Database Development and Management (SQL) would be an asset.
• Script writing experience (PHP, Python) would be an asset
• Driven and motivated with a desire to learn
• Ability to work effectively in a remote or “work from home” environment
• Available to be part of an on-call rotation
• Team player with a collaborative style
• Strong work ethic: Professionalism, respectfulness and positivity
Posting closing date:November 23, 2020
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is location-specific based at our Calgary office
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.