A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will…
i. Complete assignments per deployment targets or as documented herein. Make reasonable efforts to overcome obstacles. Proactively collaborate with colleagues, Guide System leadership and product stakeholders to ensure objectives & deadlines are not missed unnecessarily.
ii. Demonstrate the ability to take on any system administrative task and deliver with high system quality and low failure rates, given suitable background or learning opportunity and reasonable direction.
iii. Implement, analyze and enhance system operations in line with operational precepts and in conjunction with additional operations teams.
iv. Employ and operate automated monitoring on development, integration, prep-production and production environment.
v. Lead in the adherence to DevOps guidelines and practices.
vi. Provide on-call support as required.
vii. Collaborate in a constructive manner with software development and software verification teams using the Agile SCRUM methodology.
viii. Participate in code reviews in a meaningful and impactful manner with review comments on design and code reviews.
ix. Understand all system platforms that will be used to deliver the developed software (e.g. web servers, application servers, databases)
x. Research and promote new technologies, solutions and/or practices that could be applied in the delivery of software development projects.
xi. Demonstrate competence in core skills relevant to the team’s mandate.
xii. Demonstrate expert understanding of both the overall software architecture, and how all parts of the Dreamgallery software system are constructed and operated.
xiii. Demonstrate creativity in finding solid and efficient technical solutions, coming up with new ideas, finding ways to make the team more effective, and so on.
xiv. Independently make contributions to improving product and/or processes. Network with others to refine, validate, plan, and execute approved improvements, under guidance from manager.
xv. Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues, SCRUM Masters, Guide System leadership, product stakeholders, vendors, and project management to keep everyone aligned, resolve issues, and encourage the flow of ideas.
xvi. Offer mentorship to junior colleagues and seek mentorship others outside this team.
xvii. Undertake ongoing self-development to enhance hard and soft skills and stay current with industry best practices.
xviii. Follow all standard policies, procedures, and practices, such as time-off reporting, expense policies, punctuality and meeting attendance.
xix. Maintain a high degree of integrity in all work-related matters. Do what is right for the customer, company, and team; raise issues you cannot solve; follow up and follow through; communicate accurately and openly; treat others with respect.
A typical day
• This role contributes to happy shareholders by supporting financial success of the Cable HD Guide and Shaw Direct satellite TV service through customer retention and new sales.
• This role contributes to happy customers by providing ever-enhanced user experience opportunities and new products.
• This role provides opportunities for employees to be engaged by making significant and meaningful contributions, developing and using a range of transferable skills, and demonstrating leadership.
• Department: this role is integral to the main responsibility of the department, namely development and delivery of user interface technology, in this case specifically for Shaw Cable HD Guide TV service.
• TOPS: this role contributes to TOPS by helping to fulfill the mandate of technical leadership on Video products, those for Shaw Cable.
• Shaw overall: this role contributes to Shaw overall by providing ever-enhanced user experience opportunities for Shaw Cable customers, leading to customer retention and new sales.
• Strong Linux Skills
• Strong Windows Skills
• Experience with Rundeck, Jenkins, Splunk, Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare, Monitoring and Automation technologies
• Networking, Database Platforms (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB)
• Service Now
Meet the team
• Robert Kimoff – Manager, Guide Development
• Anthony Mutiso – Director, Guide Technology
• Tyson McCollough – VP, Services Technology TOPS
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:September 4, 2020
• This role will be based in our Calgary Hopewell location.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.