Use your strategic and business acumen to help shape the future direction of the SBS Wireline P&L!
Join our team
Small Business Solutions (SBS) is a marketing environment like no other at TELUS! The SBS Wireline Strategy and Planning team leads the management of the SBS Wireline P&L, as well as senior leadership presentations and analytical deep dives. We are a high-performing team who values diversity of thought and experience to stay connected with our customers. We are also small and nimble, which offers us the ability to work across many functions and realize unparalleled professional growth.
The SBS Wireline team is a small and tight-knit group. Working in our team will give you the opportunity to learn about all aspect of our business – not just Marketing. We value our team’s engagement and connect through collaborative workstyles, local and national team events, and giving back to our communities through volunteer activities. We are a team that strives for top-notch customer and business outcomes, but also balance that with team member engagement and flexibility.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will actively manage the SBS Wireline P&L, including interlocking with key stakeholders across various teams and business units. You will also contribute to key strategic initiatives such as strategy checks, board reviews, finance reviews, and other executive level forums. Working with marketing, finance, and strategy teams around the organization, you'll connect the dots between our day to day activities and the broader TELUS strategy to identify and solve important business challenges that are critical to our success.
- Own, manage and improve the SBS Wireline budget model, including annual budget creation and revenue/cost forecasting, and monthly triages
- Serve as the key point of contact for the SBS Wireline P&L by collaborating with senior leadership, Finance, and working teams to provide P&L stewardship and drive strong business outcomes
- Set targets for and monitor performance of core key performance indicators (KPIs) including gross loading, deactivations, and average revenue per line (ARPL)
- Regularly analyze our results to identify financial business challenges and conduct analyses to support solving those challenges
- Develop relationships not just within the SBS Wireline marketing team, but also across the rest of the organization to ensure there is a solid understanding of and alignment to our strategic priorities
- Contribute to senior leadership presentations, including strategy checks, board advances, and monthly financial reviews
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Team player that’s creative, entrepreneurial, and willing to experiment
- Expert understanding of financial modeling and statistical forecasting techniques
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and develop solutions to critical financial business challenges
- Expert ability to collaborate and verbally and visually communicate effectively with all levels of management, including senior executives
- Manage ambiguity and synthesize complex information into meaningful information and recommendations
- Navigate through complex organizational dynamics and use influencing and negotiating skills to create desired outcomes
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building financial models, business cases, and strategic documents
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or equivalent in Finance or Statistics
- Chartered Financial Analyst or similar designation
- In-depth understanding of the TELUS business, particularly Wireline
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?