Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) C C C
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Canadians know CBC/Radio-Canada for its programming and its presence, but there’s much more happening behind the scenes. Whether your field of expertise is finance, HR, communications or IT, you are the highly-skilled professional that makes our business run smoothly.
The objective of CBC/Radio-Canada’s total compensation package is to offer a balanced and competitive program that is fair, equitable and that will motivate performance and attract and retain individuals with the right skills and abilities to deliver the National Broadcaster’s strategic mandate.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Total Compensation, the Senior Specialist will be responsible for conducting market benchmarking, overseeing job evaluations, and supporting compensation planning and review programs for the Corporation. You will contribute to the establishment of plans and procedures used to carry out compensation policies and practices, and may be responsible for the on-going administration of specific compensation programs.
Main tasks include:
- Conducting regular and specialized research into internal and external compensation practices.
- Performing in-depth analyses of data and reports from various sources, and recommending data-based decision making approaches.
- Reviewing job evaluation related activities to ensure that the integrity of job evaluation principles, practices and procedures are maintained.
- Supporting the annual salary planning cycle as well as project-based compensation initiatives.
- Providing guidance to HR Business Partners, Industrial Relations and managers at all levels of the Corporation on compensation policies and practices.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree, preferably in a field related to human resources management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive HR experience with particular emphasis on compensation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation planning, market benchmarking surveys, job evaluation plans and processes, pay equity, sales compensation, executive compensation, incentive plans, etc.
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of public and private sector compensation trends, and unionized environments is a definite asset.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound problem solving skills and the ability to ask the right questions, to support the resolution of complex or unique problems.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
- Ability to recommend suitable options and solutions, keeping in mind relevant policies, practices and possible precedent-setting,balancing client needs with the overall direction of the Corporation.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to advise, negotiate, be diplomatic and persuasive.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, and sometimes urgent demands from HR Business Partners, client departments or management.
- Bilingualism (French and English), both written and verbal, is mandatory.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours on occasion, when required.
- Able and willing to travel within Canada on occasion, when required.
- CHRL or CCP designation an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing. This position is ideally based in Ottawa, however, we will consider Toronto and Montreal based on the successful candidate.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.