Clearcable has an unique opportunity to help shape broadband in remote and rural Canada while supporting small and large Internet service providers across North America as a Senior Solutions Architect. Apply by sending resume to email@example.com
What you will do:
• Provide expert level support related to core network technology within our service provider client networks, including switching and routing technology. This includes support of MPLS, layer 2 and layer 3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast routing, etc.
• Perform technical analysis of client networks related to support, audits, and proactive maintenance.
• Provide support related to access technology deployments within client networks, including Metro Ethernet, Firewalls, and wireless access points.
• Provide Tier3 support to our ISP clients and diagnose and resolve service impacting issues, with the understanding that at times this work may be required after regular business hours.
• Utilize internal ticketing and documentation systems as they pertain to job role.
• Execute scheduled maintenance activities on customer core networks with the understanding that this work is typically performed during early morning time slots.
• Participate as a member of our team responding to customer support requirements during regular business hours between 9am – 5pm Eastern Monday – Friday and be available for after-hours escalations on an as-needed basis.
• Participate in pre-sales efforts with sales team related to new network opportunities. This includes pre-sales meetings, sales engineering efforts and building technical documents.
• Promote a positive attitude and present a professional and expert level of support for clients.
What you bring:
• 5-10 years minimum job experience in ISP network environment.
• Expert level knowledge in network design.
• Expert level knowledge of MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, IPv6, and other related layer 2 and layer 3 network protocols.
• Expert level knowledge in network support and troubleshooting.
• Minimum 2 year’s experience with Linux Operating Systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong documentation skills.