Date: Oct 20, 2018
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req Id: 189418
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
The Bell Business Markets (BBM) Professional Services delivery team is the consulting arm of Bell Canada Enterprise responsible for the design, execution and implementation of solutions for the Enterprise Customer market.
The continued growth and success of this consulting team in the marketplace is directly attributed to the expertise and the professionalism of its staff, the trust and confidence of its technology partners and the unrelenting demands it places on itself in pursuit of that most important determining attribute - Customer Satisfaction. As we continue to grow, we are seeking more people with the same sense of responsibility to the customer, respect for the individual and drive for personal growth as the current team exemplifies.
Our Professional Services delivery team has an immediate need for a Senior Security Solutions Consultant, Firewall Integrator.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for integrating Security Solutions engagements in medium to large Enterprise environments. Drawing on both technical and business integration acumen, there is the opportunity to interact with and manage relations between both Customers and Bell Canada staff. This role requires the hands-on Design and Deployment of projects with project teams of varying sizes.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Complex testing, deployment, integration, and remediation of Security solutions.
- Defining customer requirements with a focus on solutions at an Enterprise level.
- Developing detailed architecture inputs, requirements analysis, functional and technical specifications, testing documents, and build books, in support of complex integration activities.
- Working directly with Customer Technical Leads, Bell Technical Leads, and supporting team members, in driving successful Technical Security Solution delivery outcomes, to Project timelines and expectations.
- Providing technical support services to develop and maintain integrated Security solutions.
- Participating in the approval of vendor choices and establishing product / vendor selection criteria.
- Determining system architecture specifications and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products and systems to identify security weaknesses.
- Contributing to continuous growth of the Security Solutions practice through mentorship, identification of new opportunities and development of Security solutions.
- Take the Lead on ensuring full Complex Security solution integration, across multiple Products and Subject Matter Expertise. Ownership of outcomes and ability to learn quickly and deploy on time are important in the role.
- 7+ years in IT with a minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in providing hands-on technical integration expertise on AVAS, SIEM, and Firewall / UTM Solutions within large Corporate environments.
- Experience may include, but not limited to:
- Providing guidance on Enterprise Security solutions
- Defining Enterprise Security solution requirements
- Installing and configuring Security solutions for Enterprise solutions – hands-on installation and remediation is important to the role.
- Experience with DLP, IDS / IPS, VA scanning, Secure Proxy, Load Balancing experience/skills in both architecture and deployment/build, at 3+ years, is considered an asset to the role
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills in English.
- Able to communicate technical points to others at the technical, user and management levels.
- Superb customer relations and the ability to interact with customers at all levels.
- Strong IT networking skills.
- Strong Data Centre, Cloud Integration, Storage skills, are considered an asset to the role.
- Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization and across department.
- Team oriented, with extensive experience in working in complex technical projects.
- Autonomous and ability to accept responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within North America.
- Ability to obtain Secret/Top Secret/Special Access Security Clearance issued by a Government of Canada agency (or similar).
- Experience with Fortinet, Palo Alto Firewalls and Juniper Firewalls
- Experience in participating in the recommendation of security best practices for the design and configuration of Security Solutions.
- Experience in participating in the definition and implementation a Security Solutions roadmap.
- Bachelor or specialized college degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or another related IT program, is an asset.
- Professional designation such as CISSP, CISM, etc. is an asset.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 10/31/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.