The digital economy is a new reality and across Canadian boardrooms, cyber security is a pervasive issue. TELUS Security helps organizations meet the cyber security challenge with advisory and managed services to identify risks, protect assets and mitigate threats. Redefine your career with one of the most diverse security organizations in Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make & what we’ll accomplish together
This is one of the most dynamic roles within TELUS Security! It will leverage your technical solution consulting expertise with your cyber security passion, your natural ‘people’ strength and business intellect. This is an opportunity to showcase your talent of conveying technical concepts effectively to senior management, business decision makers and project stakeholders.
You have a key impact to our success. As a Sales Engineer, you will interface directly with clients and the TELUS sales organization to perform needs assessment, product demonstration, opportunity qualification, and solution design & proposal development. Finally, you will facilitate the knowledge transition to post-sales teams to ensure successful delivery of projects.
Keen to learn more? Read on…
- Assist in attaining regional sales growth and margin targets
- Represent the full breadth of TELUS Security portfolio including advisory services, technology infrastructure, professional services, and managed security services
- Consult with clients and sales team for requirements discovery and opportunity qualification
- Develop technical recommendations, solutions, statements of work and proposals to meet customer requirements
- Respond to RFIs & RFPs
- Work collaboratively with other TELUS teams for integrated solution development
- Focus on enhancing client experience by contributing to continuous improvement in business unit tools, processes, and service development
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
Knowledge of at least 2 of the following domains:
- Strong knowledge that spans GRC, security policy and security infrastructure solutions (specialization in at least one domain)
- Strong knowledge of technical security controls and trends in the industry including varied delivery models (on premise, hosted, cloud)
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, enterprise scale integrated IT security solutions such as those involving: Multi-site implementation, hybrid operational support models, and failover and high availability systems
- Network security infrastructure (e.g. Firewall, VPN, Network IPS, Web proxy, Email, DLP, AAA, wireless) solution design
- Endpoint security (e.g. AV, HIPS, Firewall, encryption, DLP, etc) solution design
- Security analytics and reporting solutions including log management, SIEM and threat intelligence
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales engineering or equivalent experience in telecommunications, IT and/or cyber security
- Experience, understanding and a working knowledge of a variety of security related standards, guidelines and best practices
- Experience with RFP responses, proposal development and statements of work (SOW)
- Holds 2+ security vendor certifications (sales engineering), such as Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, LogRhythm, Proofpoint, HP/Micro Focus, Intel Security, Check Point
- Ability to uncover and understand business requirements through a consultative approach
- Ability to understand and represent a broad range of security solutions and delivery models, making appropriate technical recommendations to sales teams and customers
- Proficient at technical opportunity management through the pre-sales cycle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate both the business and technical value of information security solutions
- Ability to associate technical security controls with security programs, policies and frameworks
- Technical writing, design consultation
- Industry recognized certifications such as ISACA CISA/CISM/CRISC, CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CCSK
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?