Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Senior Release Analyst to work within our Digital Release Management team to assist with planning and implementing the successful development and deployment of IT software releases. Reporting the Release Manager at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus, this individual with ensure that all release packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified, and/or uninstalled or backed out if appropriate limiting any release deployment disruptions of the production environment.
- Track and monitor the progress of the projects that are in a Release including the completion of required Release milestones.
- Ensure that all release packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified, and/or uninstalled or backed out if appropriate.
- Facilitate the cross functional collaboration of team members from ITS Platform Management, Infrastructure, Development, QA and Release Deployment groups to understand issues and mitigate the risks associated with the release.
- Conduct risk assessment of the release and work with cross functional team members and management to develop mitigating plans (if required). Communicate Release status information to management.
- Oversee the scope of enterprise and agile software releases and delivery strategies, identifying issues and risks and managing escalations.
- Own all aspects of release processes across all ecommerce applications and interfaces, including: deploying code, schema, and configuration changes in development, staging, and production environments.
- Develop metrics and reports to provide release planning and status to technology and business stakeholders and executive team, including all agile, maintenance and major releases.
- Conduct formal release readiness reviews and gates; manage the signoffs and communicates around all releases ensuring the integrity of each deployment and confirming its proper configuration
- Develop, document, and maintain appropriate enterprise release policies, processes, standards, and procedures.
- Create RFCs, work closely with Change Management and ensure to follow the Change management Process
- Collaborate with Development, code manager, DBA and environment support analyst to design, implement, and maintain software configuration / release scripts and procedures.
- Works closely with change managers, the program management office, project managers and the change advisory board to plan releases and manage the release schedule, taking into consideration associated business and technical risks.
- Creates and provides release status reports containing current and historical data connected with and related to production release items.
- Bachelor degree in Management, Computer Science or Software Engineering or other appropriate discipline;
- 3+ years working experience with enterprise SDLC such as Agile and/or Waterfall. Knowledgeable with ITIL.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing full life-cycle development and implementation of IT projects.
- In-depth understanding of source code management and agile/enterprise release management life cycle and processes.
- Sound knowledge of Rational Clear Quest and/or HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM).JIRA,Confluence
- Knowledge of SVN, Bamboo, JIRA ,Cloud for managing, labeling, branching and merging source code.
- Good working knowledge with MS power point and MS project
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 126002
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.