Work at the exciting intersection of law, public policy, and economics!
Join our team
Our Telecom Policy and Regulatory Affairs group is responsible for telecom submissions to the CRTC and other public bodies, as well as regulatory litigation and applications for judicial review. We are an interdisciplinary team of advocates, featuring lawyers, engineers, accountants, and other professionals. Together, we apply administrative law, telecommunications law, and public policy principles to advance TELUS' interests within the Canadian telecommunications industry.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Law and Policy, as a highly capable advocate, you will be responsible for leading TELUS’ legal and policy submissions on telecommunications matters before the CRTC, the courts, and other government bodies. You will collaborate with team members across Canada to advance our interests before these bodies.
Combine your passion for the telecommunications industry and technologies, understanding of business models, legal and regulatory framework, including the competitive dynamics of our wireline and wireless products and services, to make strategic decision that will shape the future of our success.
- Drafting TELUS’ submissions for public proceedings conducted before administrative and government bodies such as the CRTC, the Competition Bureau, and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Working internally and with external counsel on regulatory litigation and applications for judicial review of administrative decisions
- Delivering timely analysis of regulatory rules and decisions and assessing proposed regulatory strategies
- Meeting with senior regulatory and government officials to discuss TELUS’ positions on major public policy issues
- Advising business units on new regulatory rules established by government bodies and supporting compliance activities
- Embracing a culture that advances our strategic imperatives and corporate priorities, including our Customers First strategy
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- 2-6 years’ experience practicing law
- Excellent written advocacy and oral communications skills
- Experience with regulatory law, administrative law, and/or competition law
- Basic knowledge of economics and public policy processes
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex files involving cross-functional teams, prioritize and deal with multiple assignments, and exercise judgment, often under significant time pressures
- A demonstrated ability to balance business requirements against regulatory risks, and to formulate solutions to advance the needs of business units
- Experience with telecommunications law is an asset but not required
- Ability to read and communicate in French
In order to be considered on a vacancy:
- You must be performing at standard in your current role for a minimum of 12 months*
- The opportunity should be aligned to goals within your 'My Development' plan
- You are responsible for notifying your support person of your application
- You must apply online
*Or in accordance with applicable collective agreement
Who is TELUS?
You are part of a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Your passion for demonstrating our values and delivering on our Customers First commitments helps to drive our success, ultimately making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Thinking of taking your career at TELUS in a different direction? Then apply online today. This just might be the right move for you.
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.