Our mission at Northwestel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. Northwestel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are seeking Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team, located in Whitehorse, YT. As a Sr. Project Manager you will be accountable for managing significant projects to ensure client satisfaction and project deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
This will be accomplished through:
- Developing and managing project plans, schedules, budgets, testing and implementation.
- Leading cross-departmental teams, defining roles, setting expectations and coaching.
- Defining roles for sponsors, and steering committees.
- Performing risk assessment analysis and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Identifying and resolving project issues.
- Advising on the impact of proposed business changes on other systems.
- Ensuring projects are conducted using quality principles, project management and systems development methodologies.
- Developing business cases for items outside the project scope but project related.
- Implementing and managing project tracking mechanisms, status reporting, issue management resolution and escalation.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
A Bachelor Degree and Project Management Certification complimented by five years of IT project management and a demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental teams. As a Sr. Project Manager you will be an expert in problem solving, negotiation, facilitation and presentations. This is accomplished with superior oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, business acumen and financial analysis. As a successful Sr. Project Manager, you will be proficiency with project management software, the Microsoft Office suite of applications and software product/software lifecycle methodologies. In addition you will have demonstrated the ability to utilize standard Project management practices and tools. A background in Telecom is considered an asset for this challenging and rewarding position.
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date: