Reporting to the Manager PMO with direction from the Project Steering Committee and the Project Sponsor, this position is responsible for managing all aspects of very large and significant projects (systems, new service introduction and customer) to ensure client satisfaction, and completion of project deliverables on budget and within schedule. Responsibilities include leading cross-functional project teams, defining and documenting project requirements, establishing and managing project schedules and budgets, and directing the work of the project teams.
- Develop project plans, schedules and,objectives based on direction provided by Project Steering Committee (comprised of Executive and Directors) or Project Team as determined by initial kick off meeting.
- Ensure project deliverables meet schedule, budget, and quality goals.
- Create and manage alliances with all project stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve project issues and manage all project resources, deliverables and milestones.
- Manage and administer project budget and expenses.
- Develop or provide input into business cases for follow-on projects and on-going business processes, for items outside the project scope but which are related to the project.
- Implement project tracking mechanisms and status reporting to project sponsors and senior management.
- Perform risk assessment analysis and develop risk mitigation plans associated with projects.
- Ensure projects are conducted using quality principles and appropriate project management and systems development methodologies.
- Advise clients on the impact of proposed business changes on other systems.
- Drive the project requirements gathering process, document the results, and recommend innovative options and solutions to stakeholders.
- Manage project development, testing, and implementation activities.
- Manage, co-ordinate, organize and lead cross-departmental project teams. This includes providing leadership by setting job expectations, coaching and giving feedback to the team members.
- Participate and co-operatively work with project team and department team members by clearly defining the roles for all stakeholders, including team members, sponsors, and steering committees.
- Develop procedures for communicating project status, and issue management resolution & escalation.
- Provide input on performance evaluations and development plans regarding others working on project teams to their respective managers to facilitate completion of their performance evaluations.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- BA or BS in Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- Formal project management training and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification.
- Knowledge of relevant programming standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental project teams of management and unionized staff, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience managing projects or major tasks in applicable technology(ies).
- Minimum of three-five years IT project management experience.
- Highly developed facilitation and presentation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as analytical skills.
- Business acumen and financial analysis.
- Expert problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with project management software.
- Proficiency in desktop applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and, presentation software.
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure.
- Strong familiarity with software product/software lifecycle methodologies.
- Knowledge of the elements of a Health & Safety program will be considered an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Apply Here: https://www.nwtel.ca/about-us/work-us