Location: Toronto, ON
Are you driven to master the accounting and business administration aspects of producing Canadian TV and digital content? We have an exciting new opportunity that will challenge you.
About the Role
Reporting to and working closely with our lead financial and production executives, you will have end to end project management and accounting responsibilities for a variety of productions. Develop project proposals, budgets, financial structures, cash flows and supporting documents for project funding agencies and partners. Liaise with, monitor and track internal and external production staff and collaborators, managing financial cost reporting and contractual commitments.
• Prepare documents for digital, TV and special project funding proposals.
• Manage accounting, administration and documentation requirements for multiple productions.
• Prepare final cost reports and manage audits and submissions for funders (ex. CAVCO, OMDC, CMF).
• Prepare tax credit estimates and administer tax credit applications.
• Track and reconcile costs and payment schedules. Assist in managing cash flows.
• Ensure compliance with deliverables and reporting required by agencies and other participants.
• Identify, recommend and implement improvements.
• Accounting, business or legal degree and accreditation/designation (or working towards same)
• Detailed understanding of funding requirements and opportunities for film, television and digital projects, in particular: tax credits, CMF programs and other Canadian production financing sources.
• Work experience in a television/digital entertainment content organization an asset, including familiarity with chain of title, development, rights acquisition, distribution and creative talent agreements.
• Sound business judgment to confidently and effectively address challenges and issues.
• A high level of professional discretion in handling confidential business, financial and personal records.
• Effective at liaising with others to obtain information to produce budgets, cost reports and other financials.
• Experience with accounting software and mastery of Excel spreadsheet software.
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability and commitment to deliver on promises and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Multilingual abilities would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About TLN Media Group
TLN Media Group (TMG) is Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting cultures on television, online and in communities through storytelling and shared experiences. We reach millions of Canadians across the country and have done so for decades. A leader in supporting and developing Canadian multiculturalism, TMG produces, commissions and distributes many unique and culturally significant TV and digital programs each year on various platforms in Canada and internationally. As a broadcaster since 1984, TMG’s flagship channel TLN TV has evolved into an English friendly multiculturally rich TV channel. TMG also operates Canada’s most widely distributed foreign language TV channels led by Spanish language Univision Canada and in Italian Mediaset Italia Canada. Additional Italian channels include Telebimbi for kids and TGCOM24 news network. The family of Spanish channels includes Teleniños children’s channel and a group of 4 specialized foreign services; Cinelatino, Wapa TV, Television Dominicana and CentroAmerica TV. TMG also operates EuroWorld Sport TV. TMG is also active in producing and promoting experiential events and festivals.