Create and launch products that make a difference to our customers!
Join our team
Have you ever wondered how your smartphone, laptop or other consumer electronics were designed and manufactured?
Our Consumer Hardware team researches, ideates, designs, develops and manages consumer technologies and hardware to make our customers' interaction with TELUS services faster, seamless and more reliable. We work with some of the world's largest consumer electronics manufacturers to stay current with industry trends. Whether finding new ways to connect consumer devices, advancing product form factors or improving machine-to-human interactions, our Consumer Hardware team is improving customers' lives by making technology simpler and friendlier to use.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for someone who loves technology products to join our Consumer Hardware team. From products like Boost Wi-Fi, PikTV and more, the Product Management team works closely with our Engineers to guide products from conception to launch and retirement. Product Managers are responsible for guiding products through the product lifecycle, focusing on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and customizing our solutions for TELUS.
As part of the Product Management team, you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you design and manage products that our customers love. We are looking for someone with the ability to drive execution and break down complex problems into steps that drive product development of world-class hardware.
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and technical feature/specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and platform capabilities
- Manage product life-cycle from ideation through to execution, productization and retirement
- Partner closely with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Product teams across TELUS to understand their vision, objectives and opportunities for strategic alignment
- Manage product development execution, working closely with Engineering, Research & Development (R&D), Industrial Design, Product Design, and Partner teams to Engineer the best experience for our customers
- Define and implement release plans, reporting, and continual improvements to assigned products
- Collaborate with marketing to develop go-to-market (GTM) product launch plans and sustaining marketing assets
- Collaborate and manage external partners and vendors in complex relationships
- Serve as a subject matter expert and evangelist for internet technology products
- Evaluate mechanical design, radio frequency (RF) design, Color, Materials, Finish (CMF) and production decisions as part of the product development process
- Drive detailed requirements definitions intended for engineering and design purposes
- Develop business case justification for product introductions, product enhancements and prioritization of capital spending
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 6+ years of end-to-end product management experience, with a focus on consumer products and offers
- Deep understanding and experience with consumer hardware development life cycles and various electronics manufacturing working models
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills, with experience managing, motivating and mentoring teams and/or individuals
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience driving projects through to completion
- Knowledge in one or more of the industries of mobile, internet, home networking or TV services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an emphasis on stakeholder management, negotiation and persuasion
- Experience presenting to large, cross-functional audiences
- Bachelor degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering or Computer Science and/or equivalent practical experience
- Love and passion for the consumer electronics industry with a passion for building world-class products
- Strong technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to champion initiatives internally and externally and communicate with executives and external partners
- Program management experience with technical projects
- Experience managing external technology vendors
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?