Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role
Global News Radio 640 Toronto is seeking a permanent, full-time anchor with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic to join an elite team of broadcasters. You must be a great writer, have a compelling on air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer – using a variety of sources – and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of eight years’ experience. You will be expected to work under tight deadlines without compromising journalistic integrity. We are seeking a broadcast journalist who collaborates with colleagues and somebody who pitches groundbreaking stories and interview ideas. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the Corus Radio network.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• Anchor top-hour and bottom hour news casts
• Voice wraparounds & write scripts for use outside your anchor shift
• Create strong, enterprise digital and social media content
• Work with the Executive Producer and Program Director on breaking news
• Participate in the research and development of original, creative story ideas
What We Need From You
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• A post-secondary diploma, certificate or equivalent, in a broadcasting or related field
• A minimum of eight years on-air experience in a major or medium market newsroom environment
• Strong on-air presentation skills with an emphasis on tight, accurate writing
• Knowledge of the City of Toronto and the GTA
• Audio editing skills and a master of Burli
• A winning attitude. We’re looking to hire someone who loves to come to work and engage with others
NOTE: To be considered for this position you MUST include a link to a newscast you’ve recently anchored
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now.’
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before we can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. Please ensure you notify your manager before applying to this role.