Lakeland Networks Ltd. is located in the beautiful Muskoka Region of Ontario. Lakeland Networks offers 1Gb service to communities in Muskoka. If you are a hands-on individual that enjoys challenges that range from working with technology and businesses assisting them in meeting their network needs then we would like to hear from you. Living in Muskoka provides an opportunity for a life work balance while enjoying the beautiful outdoors. We offer a competative salary, excellent benefits and pension plan.
Scope: Reporting to the Network Operations Supervisor, the Senior Network Engineer will be involved in projects which will have a focus on IP core networks supporting Fibre Optic High Speed Internet, Voice and Networks. The successful incumbent will perform the role of a staff designer in area of engineering which includes LAN/WAN, L2 Switching, L3 IP Routing (OSPF, BGP and Multicast), MPLS-VPN, Network Security/Firewall technology and other IP services.
- Plan, design and engineer changes on core networks as required by network or product driven initiatives.
- Design and Implement a new MPLS transport network to replace an existing CWDM based optical transport network.
- Implement a new 4 router BGP environment using Brocade BGP routers.
- Develop and produce suitable Network Design, Provisioning Plan, Capacity Model/Plan, and Facilities.
- Plan and support the defined services and products within the established architecture and security policies.
- Support other Network Operations team members in troubleshooting and restoration, root cause analysis. Participate in complex implementation activities as required by Network Operations.
- Provide regular project status and issues for escalation.
- Develop, execute and document the necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems, as well as any new software versions (laboratory, network verification, operational readiness).
- Must be willing to be part of an after hours on call rotation.
- Quickly shift priorities and adapt to changes to meet organizational and department requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Networking or equivalent work experience
- 7+ Years working on a Network Operations team with a minimum of 2 years at an Internet Service Provider.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills required to be able to communicate directly with clients and team members.
- Working experience implementing a multi-homed, 4+ router eBGP/iBGP configuration with fault tolerance and load sharing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of incident management in a break/fix environment
- Experience managing multi-vendor networks in carrier class deployments including any of the following: Cisco (IOS, IOS-XE), Brocade Netiron, Calix, Ciena.
- Practical troubleshooting and break/fix experience in Ethernet, Fibre (single mode), OTDR, Power Meter and Light Source use.
- Demonstrated strong communication, multitasking, documentation and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management.
- Work Experience with all of the technologies below in a carrier or ISP environment:
- L2 Switching, 802.1Q VLANs, QinQ, QoS (One of Ciena, Brocade or Cisco)
- L3 routing including OSPF, BGP (Brocade or Cisco)
- MPLS and VPLS (Brocade or Cisco)
- MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Network Security, specifically Cisco ASAs
- IPSEC VPNs on Cisco ASA or Cisco routers
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Competency to read, analyze, and interpret detailed technical manuals, diagrams and engineering documents.
Nice to have Experience:
- Hands on experience designing and building new Point of Presence (PoP Sites) or ISP Head Ends.
- Experience configuring and installing 48V DC Power Systems and associated monitoring components.
- Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux administration.
- Carrier level DHCP, DNS, PPPoE.
- ISP IPv6 rollout and management experience.
- Experience with implementing and managing a DDoS mitigation solution.
If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to email a cover letter and resume by 4:30 Friday, November 17, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lakeland Holding Ltd. values an inclusive environment. Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.