Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4W 0A1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Senior Manager, Regulatory will report to Director, Regulatory-Content Distribution and Broadband Policy.
The incumbent will have exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) and an innate ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, high volume environment. They are a self-starter with an interest in policy and its application to content creation. Most importantly, they are willing to learn to operate as a business partner by managing cable and broadband policy-related regulatory matters.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain key dates/process descriptions.
- Draft and oversee progress of CRTC applications/interventions.
- Identify and conduct research related to CRTC policies and company/industry filings.
- Assist and participate in the preparation and conduct of regulatory hearings/appearances related to Cable.
- Summarize relevant CRTC decisions/policies and identify operational ramifications and solutions for senior management, functional contacts and employees, where appropriate.
- Advise functional groups about regulatory obligations and ensure compliance, including those related to Rogers’ cable licences, the operation of Rogers’ community channels and disputes/Wholesale Code matters.
- Track and respond to complaints sent to the CRTC and develop compliance mechanisms where required.
- Liaise with external parties (including other industry members) regarding the preparation of submissions and participate in industry committees as a representative of Rogers.
- Participate on cross-functional work teams as appropriate.
- Support Director - Consumer Policy on select files.
- General activities and related projects (e.g. supporting other parts of the Regulatory department), as required.
- Work directly with Finance and functional groups on the preparation of Cable’s Annual Return filings.
What you have:
- Law or post-secondary degree (e.g. MBA, Masters in Communications) combined with 5-7 years of demonstrated work experience in broadcasting and/or telecommunications field.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written work, coupled with proven research skills.
- Solid time-management skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and operate independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Bilingualism and a strong knowledge of finance/accounting is an asset.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 350 Bloor Street East (299), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Regulatory & Regulatory
Requisition ID: 158018
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.