Date: Apr 22, 2019
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 234264
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Mobility Radio business supports instant communication solutions for public safety services including but not limited to Police, Fire and Ambulance dispatch, secure government communications and private industry solutions. The Senior Manager – Bell Mobility Radio Finance role is a key member of the Wireless Team, reporting directly to Director – Finance, Business Sales and Capital Management.
This role involves leading the full end-to-end accounting, budgeting and reporting process for the Mobility Radio Business as well as identifying and implementing processes, reporting and analytics improvements to guide decision making and promote accountability. The role also involves managing the IT team responsible for maintaining and improving the ERP system according to changing business and customer needs. The candidate will work closely with partners across Finance, IT, Sales, Operations and Customer Service to ensure accurate, insightful reporting and compliance with contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will be extremely analytical with strong verbal and written communication skills. A key characteristic of a successful candidate is the abillity to build relationships at all levels and across various functions of the organization. The candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to lead a team of finance professionals through month-end accounting, reporting and forecasting cycles and have a proven track record managing projects from ideation to implementation.
- Oversight of end-to-end accounting processes for the Mobility Radio business; understanding the linkage between sales, customer service, network operations and IT to ensure accuracy of reporting and detailed analytical capabilities
- Lead transformational change in processes, reporting, driving accountability to business partners with clear linkages between actions and financial results
- Educate business on impact of accounting rules and design reporting framework that allows business leaders to make decisions and drive EBITDA growth
- Ensure compliance in contractual reporting obligations with customers
- Manage IT/system resources to ensure compliance with corporate reporting requirements and internal control guidelines
- Coordinate strategic planning/budgeting through constant communication with business partners and clear presentations to stakeholders
- Prepare meaningful consolidated analysis in a complex reporting environment
- Maintain reporting, forecasting and budgeting, providing support on strategic growth inititatives, working capital impacts, and general ad hoc requests
- Support various special projects requests under tight timelines and with high degree of accuracy
- Manage and meet all corporate requirements, including quarterly forecast submissions, monthly forecast updates and month end accounting and reporting
- Work with controllers on monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and accounting rulings
- Professional accounting designation (i.e., CPA)
- MBA considered an asset
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead a team
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems (with accounting module focus), demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Strong work ethic and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Challenges the status quo and questions prior practices where appropriate
- Demonstated ability to bring structure and logic to abstract tasks
- Wireless industry experience preferred
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Dorval
Application Deadline: 05/06/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.