Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager, Distribution Relationships to play a key role in supporting RSM’s efforts to broaden the distribution of programming services across a distributor’s platforms and drive incremental revenue. The Rogers Sports & Media (‘RSM’) distribution group is responsible for the distribution and the subscription revenue streams of RSM’s television products by key distribution partners.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Distribution Relationships, this role will be responsible for supporting negotiations through data and market analysis and implementation of new agreements with traditional distribution clients. You will work closely with distribution and business teams to broaden the reach of our products while ensuring continuous subscriber and revenue growth. You will also coordinate with internal functional teams (e.g. sales, legal, finance, regulatory, engineering and marketing) to ensure a consistent approach in finalizing distribution agreements and ensuring RSM’s commitments are met.
What you will do:
• Manage, draft, prepare, and distribute contracts to BDU distribution partners;
• Undertake basic legal and contract activities to facilitate the process of finalizing contracts.
• Monitor and enforce all affiliate-related contractual compliance issues;
• Track and measure KPIs;
• Identify and take action on opportunities to increase distribution and revenue.
• Onboard “new” content distributors and assist in the preparation and distribution of contracts to such new distributors;
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of content distribution across linear and non-linear platforms including key technology enablers for each of the platforms, technical aspects of implementation and the digital rights management (“DRM”) process;
• Manage and coordinate all internal and external requirements for the launch of linear and non-linear content on all approved platforms;
• Coordinate, in conjunction with technical operations and the digital media group, studio rights approvals to ensure timely and accurate delivery of content;
• Work effectively with internal programming groups to assemble and present on all content rights for distribution across multi-platforms.
• Foster and maintain strong working relationships with BDU distribution partners;
• Liaise with various internal teams to inform and gain consensus on negotiation strategies and business decisions related to BDU distribution across all platforms;
• Ad hoc projects as required by the Senior Director.
What you will bring:
• Experience in contract negotiations
• A strong background and understanding of digital distribution across multi-platforms, particularly in an IP environment
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met or exceeded
• Excellent communications (written and verbal), presentation and interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships
• Able to work effectively within a team
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
• Not from the city? No problem! Rogers invites candidates to apply no matter where you are located as you will be working remotely.