What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Are you passionate about Investigation and analysis? The Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management (RAFM) team is currently seeking a Fraud Analyst to join their team.
RAFM team is a crucial function of Freedom Mobile within the finance department. The team focuses on assuring revenue streams are intact end to end. Fraud function aims to prevent and detect fraud and recommend mitigation methods and policy. It reports on facts and observations to management and recommends industry best practice to prevent losses and keep revenues intact.
Please note that this is a temporary opportunity, and can be located in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
A typical day
• Monitor, detect, analyze and report fraud pertaining to; subscription, hardware-subsidy, usage, payments and any incidents of violation of process / policies in the business.
• Identify with a minimum delay of any new fraud trends as they transpire.
• Perform multi-layered link analysis of all fraudulent accounts and trends.
• Follow constantly changing procedures to detect gaps which can enable fraud.
• Process and complete all specialized reports and projects, as required for the function.
• Prepare all reporting needs related to fraud cases detected on daily basis. Monthly case studies to be maintained for audit and evaluation purpose and to measure effectiveness of fraud control operations.
• Support in developing methods and processes to mitigate fraud from repeating and prevent any future fraud.
• Liaise with related business stakeholders for fraud control operational needs to ensure controls and processes remains up to date to changing business dynamics.
• A minimum of 2–3-year experience in last 5 years as a Fraud Analyst or Specialist in Fraud management department/function in wireless industry.
• A good understanding of the wireless business, products and services offered, familiar to IT and network systems in wireless, customer operations and sales channels. Ability to proactively analyze how products and services will be used by customers, sold by sales channels, relate and compare data from different sources to detect any gaps for preventive action.
• Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite, high proficiency in SQL, and any additional coding skill is an asset.
• Ability to interrogate and assimilate a variety of systems and applications such as Billing systems, Point of sale systems, wireless network platforms etc.
• Ability to vet every process, conduct fraud analysis, make reports and prepare case management for fraud control.
• Ability to work on complex large volume data from various source systems, engage with cross functional teams for getting right information and maintaining good rapport with other functional teams.
• Ability to communicate complex technical and business details in simple and easy manner.
• The role requires an exceptional degree of discretion and integrity due to the data being processed.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:June 18, 2021
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.