Join our team
The Home Solutions - Planning & Strategy team is looking for a high-performing, analytical thinker with strong business acumen to help see the story behind the numbers. These skills, along with your expertise in financial modelling and exceptional communication skills, will allow you to identify improvement opportunities within the business and help drive the TELUS Consumer portfolio, across Optik TV, High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) & SmartHome.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Financial Analyst within the Consumer Products & Services - Future Friendly Home (FFH) team, you will play a key role in managing, reporting and making key decisions on a ~$100 million per year of the consumer operating expense (OpEx) budget.
In your extensive workings with various areas of the business, including, but not limited to, finance, operations, and marketing, you will gain knowledge of the processes for the various product lines with the TELUS FFH portfolio, Optik, HSIA & SmartHome, and be able to provide recommendations on key business areas that will have a positive financial impact. You will develop your talents in finance, business analysis, communications and leadership.
- Create financial models that will facilitate discussions on key business drivers & risks
- Lead cross-team monthly forecasting and variance review forums to ensure program owners and OpEx requirements are interlocked on an end-to-end basis
- Prepare presentation decks on key issues and risks surrounding the business and deliver key messages to senior-level audiences
- Work with various functions within the organization to implement process improvements in order to maximize operating efficiencies and optimize financial spending
- Identify operating inefficiencies and provide insights on key financial impacts to the business
- Prepare forecasts for triage, budget and Strat check purposes
- Support ad-hoc projects & initiatives
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to influence others in presenting ideas and concepts, while fostering effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Proven ability to turn information into insight and present recommendations
- Creative self-starter with very strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and time-management skills
- Makes decisions based on financial and business acumen
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to monitor and manage high volume workloads
- Ability to work with multiple systems, extract, reconcile, and interpret data
- Demonstrate ownership, initiative, showing a sense of urgency and self-direction
- Able to effectively problem solve, manage multiple deliverables to meet deadlines and goals in fast-paced, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Office & Google G-Suite
- Expert proficiency at MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Google Sheets & Google Slides
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a Financial Analyst role
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, such as Finance and/or Accounting
- Completion of, or working towards, a financial industry designation, such as Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)/Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Working knowledge of SAP
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.