Date: Apr 18, 2019
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 234115
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Within the Bell Business Markets Finance group, the Senior Finance Manager plays a critical role governing Bell’s strategies and policies relating to Credits, Risk management and Accounts receivables. We are looking for a dynamic and responsible self-starter, who is detail-oriented and can work collaboratively with others. You will be identifying opportunities to improve EBITDA performance by helping to find ways of enhancing controls, reducing customer credits, improving cash and reducing accounts receivables.
- Manage a team of five managers that work closely with the business.
- Provide reporting and analysis on overall financial performance
- Perform ad hoc analysis to influence business decisions.
- Collaborate with the business in the development of Forecasts and Plans.
- Pro-actively manage the strategic initiatives and pursue opportunities to close any budget gaps.
- Drive cost reductions across the various portfolios to improve the margin trajectory.
- Prepare external benchmarking and industry analysis on overall practice performance
- Team player with excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Designated Accountant with at least 5 years of work experience, similar industry or in public practice with exposure to the telecommunications business considered an asset
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Self starter with high degree of initiative and energy level
- Ability to analyze results, identify underlying business trends and develop recommendations for future actions in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Comfortable working at different levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Commitment to personal and team excellence
- Experience with BI and SAP, BPC, Tableau Cognos
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 05/03/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.