Date: Oct 26, 2018
Location: Scarborough, ON, CA
Req Id: 212780
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
We are seeking a motivated Technical Solutions Architect, a devoted problem solver responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort for various components of our digital applications, with a primary focus on our Dynamic Ad insertion for direct-to-consumer/ OTT workflows. The Technical Solutions Architect has the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of any project. They transform the requirements into architecture and design documents used by the rest of the team to actually build the solution.
Technical Architects are also responsible for guiding development as well as obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the technical architecture. They understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
- Own the Ad Insertion Platform and direct-to-consumer/ OTT system integrations, working closely with vendors and internal teams
- Support existing and new Ad insertion and OTT workflows, including investigation into internal and external customer issues
- Suggest enhancements to existing to improve customer experience based on investigation into customer issues
- Analyze and evaluate business and technical requirements from RFP/BRD and architect and design the proposed technology solution
- Producing architectural documents that define, describe and specify solutions for committed projects using our core product as the foundational elements. Component diagrams and descriptions, sequence diagrams, and non-functional requirements are examples of the information expected in architectural documents.
- Responsible for delivering architecture material such as Conceptual Architecture, Logical Architecture, Physical Architecture, Security Architecture etc.
- Work closely with development teams and external vendors, leading the creation of high-level designs that realize solutions
- Work closely with development managers and project managers to ensure successful delivery of solutions, focusing on ensuring that all committed customer requirements are met and are implemented according to high-level design
- Describe customer requirements and suggested enhancements to our core product teams to enable periodic integration of customer-specific solutions with the core products.
- Present the solution to delivery teams to ensure they understand the end-to-end solution and discover the feasibility of the solution
- Researching new technology and development approaches to remain abreast of current and emerging technologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in Solution Architecture, Design and Delivery of large scale deployments
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of DAI technologies such as VAST, VPAID, and Header bidding
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Client-side and Server-side Ad Insertion technologies
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Ad sales workflows and operations.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADPs)
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Over The Top platforms (OTT)
- Demonstrate understanding of Native, Hybrid and Web mobile architectures
- Direct understanding of application lifecycle; SDLC and High availability and Sustained Resiliency
- Demonstrate understanding of Web 2.0 technologies, including AJAX, widget development, mobile and emerging digital platforms
- Operational experience; troubleshooting and support
- Ability to analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
- Familiarity with each of the various UML forms and expertise in the development of use cases, class diagrams, and occasionally state diagrams.
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills are a must
BCE:WKP #LI-JW1 TC:BM
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Application Deadline: 11/10/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.