What YOU Will Do:
The Senior Developer Analyst will own the developmental tasks of the solution based on integration of ServiceNow (SNow) with TELUS. The Senior Developer Analyst must align with the Architects & Technical Design team on the project responsible for aligning technical designs to ensure that they are supported by the underlying vendor software. The deliverables are expected to meet high quality standards. Ideally, you will understand configuration management principles, and perform the necessary tasks to design and develop configurations and customizations for component discovery. A successful candidate will need to be proficient utilizing various devices to collect configuration information and work closely with key client stakeholders and senior technology leaders when gathering requirements.
- Deliver technical specification and implementation of the SNow integration, analyze business requirements, evaluate design approaches and provide estimates of work effort
- Responsible for identifying and mapping integration points to other systems, create design documentation and workflows: files, database tables, program modules, screens, reports, etc
- Develop test and deploy application changes as outlined in the analysis and design
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems
- Provide 3rd level application support as necessary
Your ideal profile includes:
- Experience with development and implementation of SNow ITSM modules; experience with other ITSM software: BMC, Landesk, Cherwell, Heat, Axios, HP, etc
- Experience with extending the SNow schema to custom applications; exposure to SNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery and Orchestration and other applications like ServiceWatch, GRC, etc
- Customize SNow using UI Pages, UI Macro & CMS using CSS, HTML, and Jelly
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the SNow system
- Incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, knowledge management or other ITSM application
- System integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks
- Experience with relational databases: MySQL, Oracle
- Fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB
- Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders
Professional Certification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- 5+ years of experience in transactional services
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?